Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

ResistAll Protection Package

Old 04-16-2006, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ResistAll Protection Package

Any comments on whether the ResistAll Appearance Protection package is worth the money? The dealer does the work on both the exterior and interior (not a kit I use myself). Does it make the exterior and interior easier to clean/keep up?

Last edited by searanch; 04-16-2006 at 06:29 PM. Reason: add extra info
Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 PM

Probably not worth it. Most add-on packages the dealer sells is just to make MORE money off of you. The only add on package that can be useful is the wheel/rim insurance plan. Even then if the car is not driven often, the roads you drive on are in good condition and you have never had a bent rim before then it might not be worth it.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by searanch
Any comments on whether the ResistAll Appearance Protection package is worth the money? The dealer does the work on both the exterior and interior (not a kit I use myself). Does it make the exterior and interior easier to clean/keep up?
I'm not familiar with this specific package, but my opinion on any of this stuff is that they are junk, and not worth the money. These packages and services are just another way for the "stealer" to make more money.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 s550 sport, 2017 e300 sport
Talking Resistall Done

I just had the resistall package done interior and exterior at R.A.B Motors in San Rafael on my Cls55 and it's great. Kind of weird but it's been about 2 weeks since the treatment and it still looks nice even through rain, i got it for a decent price so i guess to me it was worth it just because ur interior is warrantied from stains after the stainguard is installed as part of the package. The interior is a bit slimey for a while after though it's kind of like armorall everywhere, it also comes with a care package after, with everything to wash ur car for like a year, hope that answers ur question.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:46 PM

Just what are these packages?

Is there anything that the dealer is using on your interior and exterior that a professional detailer can't apply also?

These are questions, you as the consumer, should be asking the dealer. The answer, the correct answer is, "No, there is nothing in the Resistal application that's anything special. Any professional detailer can get these same products and apply them".

Now the dealer and/or the people applying the products won't usually be this honest but I can tell you that on the exterior they will most likely apply a polymer sealant. Most are made by ValuGuard so any professional detailer can obtain the same thing. In the interior nothing more than a conditioner is applied to the leather and a stain protector is applied to the carpets. Again most of these come from a company called "ValuGuard" so again any professional detailer can obtain and apply them and yes....they also come with a warranty.

One of my clients just bought a new Rover and he brought it to me to have a polymer applied to the exterior and then a stain protector applied to the carpets and condition the leather. I charged him around $200.00. The dealer was going to charge him around $600.00......for what?

My professional opinion....Don't do it.

Anthony
Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 s550 sport, 2017 e300 sport
Wink I agree partly

Yea i Guess I partly agree with ya the job is done through caltex protection The main reason i did it is because it is warrantied under the dealer so whether it makes a difference or not i don't really know but i guess it's just a little extra piece of mind for me to know that i have some kind of warranty extra on the thing.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
i got the simonize package on mines
looks great and warranties from stains on interior and exterior!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM

ML350
Resistall and my dealer.

Mark has always been 100% upfront with me. That's why I buy from him. I didn't order a gray market unit, buy a demo, or any other cut rate item from a "guy with a source". I call and yell at Mark whenever something goes wrong with a vehicle that, for the price, should have a bedroom with an attached bath

I have a five year warranty with my resistall package. Same chemicals as a professional detailer; but, purchased from a store and salesman that will be at the same location throughout the 5 years. I'll trade it in or sell it to a friend, and it will look like new, or else we'll file a claim and bring it back to near new condition on their dime! MB isn't any less likely to charge a premium for carpets, leather, etc.. and it costs me nothing beyond the original $700 to replace stained interior items, or paint that has lost it's lustre.

It's always been a package deal with me. Mark heads up my MB team, and I hold his feet to the fire. The peace of mind vs. my giving him a piece of my mind is a win/win. Thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 08:29 PM

E320 2003
Can someone tell me what resitall even is? i just got my bimmer the other day and they tried to offer me that "package too" i said no of course and just clayed and sealed my car when i got home but what da hell is it?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Banned

I guess its worth the money.

Originally Posted by Yerba1
Mark has always been 100% upfront with me. That's why I buy from him. I didn't order a gray market unit, buy a demo, or any other cut rate item from a "guy with a source". I call and yell at Mark whenever something goes wrong with a vehicle that, for the price, should have a bedroom with an attached bath

I have a five year warranty with my resistall package. Same chemicals as a professional detailer; but, purchased from a store and salesman that will be at the same location throughout the 5 years. I'll trade it in or sell it to a friend, and car will look like new, or else we'll file a claim and bring it back to near new condition on their dime! MB isn't any less likely to charge a premium for carpets, leather, etc.. and it costs me nothing beyond the original $700 to replace stained interior items, tires, or paint that has lost it's lustre.

It's always been a package deal with me. Mark heads up my MB team, and I hold his feet to the fire. The peace of mind vs. my giving him a piece of my mind is a win/win. Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM

2009 C63
I got the resistAll on my old g35 and I was pretty pleased with it. I was in NC for most of the car's life and it got abused pretty badly by the sun (but held up). I never had to wax it (never had time) so I only did the usual car wash. After 5 years it still had a decent shine given how little I put into it.

So when I sold it to buy the c63 I saw value in getting the warranty (the version I got was touch of class). I can see why people don't get it but for me it's extremely helpful because my car isn't garage kept and sits in the NorCal sun all day. It is also inconveniently parked by a tree where it collects some bird dirt. I've only had it for a few months but the crap just wipes off with minimal effort. Also, the warranty is nice since they'll cover any stains inside or out.

If you're willing to put in the time to wax your car regularly, don't go for it. If you don't then I think it's worth it.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
These are a simple warranty contract that states; you need to have your car protection serviced regularly, the contract will cover the cost to repair any damage. This is not a 5-year guaranteed protection applied to their car (interior, exterior, or both).

Read the fine print (I’ve often wondered why they call it that, there is usually nothing ‘fine’ about it) the new car buyer, under the terms of the warranty must bring their car in for periodic service (i.e. renewing the polish and wax).

If these terms are ignored the contract becomes null and void because the periodic maintenance, which they paid good money for was never carried out. These paint and / or interior protection packages do not last five years; they are a five year service contract.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM

Lexus RX450h
SCAM

In April 2012, I bought this warranty from a Lexus dealer for our new Lexus RX450. Eight months later, I got coffee a spill while getting my daily fix from a drive thru window.

When we called them to file a claim, we were told it's not covered. The reason given sounds absurd -- because they cannot apply cleaning adhesive on the headliner!. I re-read the fine print, there's no mentioning of such a exclusion, but it does say it's not refundable.

What a scam, a total rip-off.