E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Guys I need help Locked my keys in my trunk!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Guys I need help Locked my keys in my trunk!!!

Today I did something dum I locked my keys in my trunk, I dont have a spare key. I had AAA unlock my car and the alarm went off. Now the inside button for the trunk wont unlock the trunk. I read the manuel is there anyway I can get a hand in the trunk or something??? any ideas need help ASAP
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 PM

Harley-Davidson
Isn't that one of the things that TeleAid is useful for?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 AM

Mercedes E350, E550s on it's way!
Ya, if you have the teleaid service, you should call in, give them your personal passcode you set for the car, and your info, and they will remote open your car for u.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:53 AM

2003 E320

I just got the car and have not signed up for telaid
Old 08-23-2006, 01:00 AM

do you have access at all to the interior? because at that point i believe the emergency sos button should work
Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Call MBs 800 number and they MUST unlock it and will. It is a no brainer all they want it some personal identification. i have NEVER had teleaid activated but i have had the doors unlocked.

Things like that do not happen with Keyless Go. That was a jab at the haters, not you. I hope you get it resolved without AAA. Never let them touch your car again.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by cyclerider
Isn't that one of the things that TeleAid is useful for?
Just one viewpoint on Teleaid. My wife and I evacuated during Katrina and we were rear ended by a young gentleman driving a Lincoln town car that had at least 5 previous incidents with "I got ya insurance company". We used the Teleaid (SOS) and after 10 minutes of waiting for an answer the operator came on the line and then told us we were in Chicago. NOT>> Louisiana. Then promptly hung up. We used Teleaid again and waited with 20 minutes of phone ringing, and then finally got an answer. I told them we had an accident and needed help. Finally they got the location right and I asked why so long to answer. Their answer "smartelyand rudely was you just called". Forget we had been waiting 30 minutes. It was bad enough to wait for 10 minutes to get an answer then be hung up on. But to wait another 20 minutes and then get smart mouthed to. Never again. I cancelled the Teleaid. Next time I will use my cell phone or white flag at least I won't get a smart mouth after having an accident. So perhaps this is why you 'might' not use Teleaid if your key were in the trunk.

Have a nice day. Jim
Old 08-23-2006, 05:54 PM

‘11 SLS, ‘19 GT63 s Edition One
A friend with an S55 locked his keys in his trunk when we were at CA Speedway. He didn't have Teleaid, but we used my car to call Teleaid and they unlocked his car for him in a matter of a couple of minutes.

I guess everyone has different experiences. Sorry to hear about your Katrina experience, it must have been rough.

Cyrus
Old 08-24-2006, 01:58 AM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
I have locked my keys in the trunk and called the 800 Mercedes line and was told that they could not do this if teleaid was not active.

Are you guys positive that this can be done? When I called they said that they would come and jimmy the door open and that I could use the trunk release switch to open the trunk. I ended up driving home in another car to get my second set.

I always find myself setting the key down in the trunk.. it is a bad habit.

So, are you guys positive that this can be done, remote unlock when you do not have teleaid?
Old 08-24-2006, 03:39 AM

2006 cls500
i just locked my key in the trunk the other day, it took all of about 10 minutes and i was set, he had me hold down on my trunk lever for 30 seconds then all of a sudden he unlocked it, i went into the car and pushed the trunk release button and i was set.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:25 AM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Originally Posted by burkettamb
i just locked my key in the trunk the other day, it took all of about 10 minutes and i was set, he had me hold down on my trunk lever for 30 seconds then all of a sudden he unlocked it, i went into the car and pushed the trunk release button and i was set.
Do you have Teleaid?
Old 08-25-2006, 02:46 AM

Answering for AMB seeing as I am his brother, yes he does have the TeleAid service in his vehicle.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by vettdvr
Just one viewpoint on Teleaid. My wife and I evacuated during Katrina and we were rear ended by a young gentleman driving a Lincoln town car that had at least 5 previous incidents with "I got ya insurance company". We used the Teleaid (SOS) and after 10 minutes of waiting for an answer the operator came on the line and then told us we were in Chicago. NOT>> Louisiana. Then promptly hung up. We used Teleaid again and waited with 20 minutes of phone ringing, and then finally got an answer. I told them we had an accident and needed help. Finally they got the location right and I asked why so long to answer. Their answer "smartelyand rudely was you just called". Forget we had been waiting 30 minutes. It was bad enough to wait for 10 minutes to get an answer then be hung up on. But to wait another 20 minutes and then get smart mouthed to. Never again. I cancelled the Teleaid. Next time I will use my cell phone or white flag at least I won't get a smart mouth after having an accident. So perhaps this is why you 'might' not use Teleaid if your key were in the trunk.

Have a nice day. Jim
Wow. I usually can get someone in less than 2 mins or right after the thing dials. Even with the 1-800 number I have never waited when it was an emergency.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Originally Posted by vettdvr

Have a nice day. Jim
GOSH, I just WONDER if it had anything to do with the chaos surrounding Katrina's arrival and your evacuation. If that's your only bad story, I completely discount it.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by burkettamb
You have a free one year service with TeleAid since it's a 2006. His e320 is 2004. TeleAid long expired, unless he's renewed his service.

This process works for all TeleAid equipped cars BTW.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I find that the wait for an answer after pressing a TeleAid button to be too long and disconcerting. There is no music, no prerecorded message, just dead silence. Since the call is done by Cell Phone technology, one never knows if the call has been dropped or what...

On Star is a much better done service. The answer is immediate, and help is really a button press away. Tele Aid on the other hand is like calling the Electric Company. "Your buisness is appreciated please stay on the line someone will eventually get to you..." ...except you're left to hang in silence. An "Emergency Service" like TeleAid sould have immediate response.

If MB is running TeleAid themselves they should outsource it to OnStar. If it IS already outsourced, they've got the wrong company doing it.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:32 PM

09 E63 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I find that the wait for an answer after pressing a TeleAid button to be too long and disconcerting. There is no music, no prerecorded message, just dead silence. Since the call is done by Cell Phone technology, one never knows if the call has been dropped or what...

On Star is a much better done service. The answer is immediate, and help is really a button press away. Tele Aid on the other hand is like calling the Electric Company. "Your buisness is appreciated please stay on the line someone will eventually get to you..." ...except you're left to hang in silence. An "Emergency Service" like TeleAid sould have immediate response.

If MB is running TeleAid themselves they should outsource it to OnStar. If it IS already outsourced, they've got the wrong company doing it.

I've had the exactly the same experience as far as OnStar .vs TeleAid. I didn't realize how inferior TeleAid was until I got my first OnStar equipped vehicle. This is the reason I never renew Teleaid after the free period.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:52 PM

Cls500
2006 Cls 500. Okay I've been searching for but could not find how to get the keys out of the trunk so here's my story I locked my keys in my trunk with my door already locked so Triple-A open the door which sets off the alarm which makes it so you cannot open the trunk I bribed a technician at Mercedes he gave me a paper that said technician only for 50 bucks so you go to the fuse box on the driver side door you pull out fuse number 31 and 30 on the bottom left side wasn't sure which one was 30 and 31 so I pulled out the bottom three which was to seven and a half in one 5 amp fuse replace the fuse press unlock on your dashboard quickly go to trunk use the handle to open it you're in the trunk you're welcome in advance I almost ordered a brand new key for $280