190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

So what's my 190e actually worth? Help??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 190e
So what's my 190e actually worth? Help??

Hi guys,

I'm new on the block and am just wondering what my 1992 190e is worth in the eyes of enthusiasts.

My father passed this car along to me when i started driving after meticulous maintenance for something like a decade. My family is the second owner to the car. And most maintenance is done to the last detail by my father and myself.

As i said, it's a 1992 190e, 2.6 and automatic. It has 215xxx miles as of right now and some cosmetic damage on the rear driver's side door and quarter panel as well as a sizable indent by the 190e badge on the deck lid. both from hit & runs. Not to mention about 3 door dings from our kind neighbors in parking lots. The interior is damn near spotless though, with a 2-3 inch tear in the front arm rest and another tear on the drivers door towards the end of the door where your elbow would be. and of course there are a couple cracked plastic pieces in the dashboard.

Aside from those cosmetic problems, lets go to electrical. Not all drivers seat controls work, and there are 2 faulty window switches. one in the center cluster and another in the rear passenger side door.

Moving on to mechanical, there are no problems. Everything has been replaced earlier than probably even necessary and car runs smooth and strong. I commute to college several days a week and thats a 40 mile round trip, not to mention regular driving. Has NEVER shut off on me, or broken down. The only flaw is that it has a small oil leak and every couple of weeks needs to be replenished some.

I replaced all suspension parts in July of 2013 so the car drives like new. tires are about a year old, alignment is good, almost no bend in any rim.

A/C and heat work fine, just recharged the A/C this summer.

I'm not sure if I've missed anything, so please ask me to clarify anything. I'm not expecting much out of this car in terms of cash, i know it has a ton of miles and needs cosmetic attention. I'm not oblivious, and like I said we do all our maintenance right here at home so I know the car's condition fairly well.

I'm just debating whether its worth it to sell it for a down payment on something else, or just keeping her forever and letting her die in our possession.

Edmund's said it's worth about 2k, but could i actually get that? or more? or is that a far off dream?

Any opinions are welcome, my dad and I are kind of shortsighted in terms of the resale value of things, but I assume the guy's on this site know their stuff.

THANKS IN ADVANCE, just for reading this.

Last edited by duvany; 10-21-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Look on Autotrader for an idea of what these cars asking prices are today.

Of course, a good condition and well maintained 190E is worth more than what Edmunds or KBB peg them at.

Great cars, even with the issues you mention someone should buy it if the price is reasonable. Between 2 and 3 grand sounds about right IMO.