190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

Heater and Blower Controls Pilot Lights

Old 05-21-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190E 2.0L 4Cyl Auto
Heater and Blower Controls Pilot Lights

Good Day to all the members on here!!
First poster, longtime reader..... first MB owner, very happy with me "Ole Mule"......Have driven BMW most parts of my life, this old lady crossed my way, very good condition, thought i should give it a go, well.........As I said my very first MB and not at all disappointed, although in car years a "oldie", (1988 190E 280 Km on the clock) drives better than much newer Jap cars......Except for a couple of small things that I hope to sort out with the help of the members on here......
So this brings me to my first plea for help and advice.......
Ok in short here is the story.....
When I first bought the car the pilot light that illuminate the left side heater knob with the "red" arrow, it didn't work, so I replace it with one that I bought from Autobahn.....
Works perfectly for a couple of weeks, until one night I wanted to use the heater, and the moment that i turn the knob to set the temp higher the pilot light that illuminate the "dialler", (that is the part what is coloured in red what indicates the temp setting) stop working......
The day before yesterday I bought another 2 little pilot light or very very tine little bulbs to replace, again from Autobahn.......
Did so, and it light up for about 5 seconds, I think I heard something or see something like a tiny little flash, I'm not sure, but all of a sudden all the pilot lights on all 3 dialers stopped working as well as those that light up the adjustment controls for the blower and the aircon.
I have checked, and double checked all the fuses in the fuse box in the engine compartment, and there ain't any fuses blown, and absolutely everything electrical is working fine on my car.....
Is there any members out there that can tell me what went wrong and how I can fix this?
Maybe another set of fuse or a relay somewhere on the inside of the car?
Sorry if I ask a stupid question but I am blessed to be one of those lucky fools who cant put a nail through a wall, what to say to work and fix a car......
Thanks in advance for the help!!

Regards,

Pierre
Attached Thumbnails Heater and Blower Controls Pilot Lights-2015-05-21-12.15.47-1.jpg