190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

190e electrical problems (window wont roll up)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 190e 2.6
190e electrical problems (window wont roll up)

Hey all, I'm Thomas and I'm new here.

Anyway, I just bought a 1990 mercedes 190e which I'm beginning to restore. My back windows don't work. I detached every switch near the shifter (windows, hazard and one I can't quite figure out what it does) and when I connected the driver's side rear cord to the driver's side front switch, I could roll up and down the window... So which part needs to be replaced, just the switch? Also when I detached all of these wires, my blinkers stopped working. So which switch are the blinkers connected to?

I also was having problems with the passenger's side rear. It fell into the door when I was trying to remove the tint. I took off the door panel (which I'm assuming the previous owner did as well bc it is a bit damaged and clips are missing ) and slid the window back up, but it won't go all the way up. There is a fair amount of tension in the cord that runs between the regulator and the bottom of the window, preventing it from rolling up all the way. THIS IS SUPER MEGA URGENT How do I relive this tension so I can roll the window all the way up. Right now I am rolling around with duct tape covering the gap so rain water doesn't get in, and this is upsetting me because I feel bad fixing anything on a Benz with duct tape. Fixing this is my #1 priority (well replacing my tie rod ends and wheel bearings is but they're in the mail and I can't do anything till they get here)

Thank yall very much!!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
Originally Posted by Tom Lee
Hey all, I'm Thomas and I'm new here.

Anyway, I just bought a 1990 mercedes 190e which I'm beginning to restore. My back windows don't work. I detached every switch near the shifter (windows, hazard and one I can't quite figure out what it does) and when I connected the driver's side rear cord to the driver's side front switch, I could roll up and down the window... So which part needs to be replaced, just the switch? Also when I detached all of these wires, my blinkers stopped working. So which switch are the blinkers connected to?

I also was having problems with the passenger's side rear. It fell into the door when I was trying to remove the tint. I took off the door panel (which I'm assuming the previous owner did as well bc it is a bit damaged and clips are missing ) and slid the window back up, but it won't go all the way up. There is a fair amount of tension in the cord that runs between the regulator and the bottom of the window, preventing it from rolling up all the way. THIS IS SUPER MEGA URGENT How do I relive this tension so I can roll the window all the way up. Right now I am rolling around with duct tape covering the gap so rain water doesn't get in, and this is upsetting me because I feel bad fixing anything on a Benz with duct tape. Fixing this is my #1 priority (well replacing my tie rod ends and wheel bearings is but they're in the mail and I can't do anything till they get here)

Thank yall very much!!
A--Yes you need a new switch!

B--Very strange as the combination switch controls turn signals

C--You may need a new rear window regulator
Old 11-23-2015, 12:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
For the turn signal issue, replace the hazard switch.