C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Air Vent: Problem Fixed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Air Vent: Problem Fixed!

I figured out how to get the hot air back into the centre vents when I turn up the heat!

On the right-hand-side air distribution control knob, the knob must be facing the 9 o' clock position.

The whole time I had it at the 3 o' clock position and this only allowed hot air to come out of the floor, and the vents on the extreme left/right side.

The service rep was completely incorrect saying that all MB's don't have hot air coming out from the centre vents. I wonder if they're trained to give that response so they can be left alone. What a bunch of losers! These guys are supposed to know how to operate the car inside and out!
Old 01-17-2003, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
So you're using manual mode for air distribution selection? I don't have the digital unit on my C240, but I believe if the control knob is pressed in, the lights for the various vent positions go out and the system selects the appropriate vents to use. The analog system is similar, but you can't separately select vents for each side of the car, only the temperature. BTW, when I'm in automatic mode and the heat is running, some warm air is directed through the upper dash vents and defrost vent.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
Re: Air Vent: Problem Fixed!

Originally posted by Big Sheesh
I figured out how to get the hot air back into the centre vents when I turn up the heat!

On the right-hand-side air distribution control knob, the knob must be facing the 9 o' clock position.

The whole time I had it at the 3 o' clock position and this only allowed hot air to come out of the floor, and the vents on the extreme left/right side.

The service rep was completely incorrect saying that all MB's don't have hot air coming out from the centre vents. I wonder if they're trained to give that response so they can be left alone. What a bunch of losers! These guys are supposed to know how to operate the car inside and out!
LOL.... simple mistake.. you live and learn...
Old 01-17-2003, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Talking

RTFM?
Old 01-19-2003, 11:50 AM
JeT

Originally posted by Rick
RTFM?
I didn't think it would even require that!!
Old 01-19-2003, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Re: Air Vent: Problem Fixed!

I wonder if they're trained to give that response so they can be left alone. What a bunch of losers! These guys are supposed to know how to operate the car inside and out!
Its your car...you should know how to operate it. When you back into someone at a stoplight because youve got it in reverse, make sure you blame the 'loser MB tech', OK?
Old 01-19-2003, 10:00 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Outland:

What the **** is your problem? Did I ever say crap to you about your posts? Go stick your thumb up your *** and shut the hell up!
If you have nothing good to say, shut your wise-cracking *** and be gone!
Old 01-19-2003, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Outland:

What the **** is your problem? Did I ever say crap to you about your posts? Go stick your thumb up your *** and shut the hell up!
If you have nothing good to say, shut your wise-cracking *** and be gone!
Was that called for?

C'mon man, you blamed the MB service guy for a goof on your part. I'd feel a little silly if I did that, and then blamed him.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:10 PM

Yeah, I think the controls weren't too user-friendly either. What's up with the arrows? It's extremely confusing.

I remember test-driving the car the first time and it was 40 degrees celsius outside (104F) and I couldn't get the AC to work properly. The day I picked up my car, yet another boiling hot day, and fiddled around with the AC trying to get the air out the central vents to no avail (even at the 9 o'clock position, air doesn't seem to come out strong unless the fan is pretty strong, and i left it near the bottom since my previous car, a VW beetle, had a realy strong fan even at setting 1) and when I asked the dealer, he thumbed through the manual and didn't really understand how it works either, and admitted to me that he didnt' know how to use it. Oh well. I did figure out after putting it onto the strongest fan setting and testing each position of the dial, but hey, it's troublesome. I think the analog AC panel is one of the things that Mercedes should improve.