S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

ABC Pressure sensor?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
ABC Pressure sensor?

Anyone no how much a pressure sensor for the ABC is and where it is located?
Johan
Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
Anyone no how much a pressure sensor for the ABC is and where it is located?
Johan

hey, whatever happen to your post about abc problem? did you get it check out.scanned?

i been trying to get the sensor seperate..haven't find it yet..only come as a valve unit..

btw..location is bottom right of your car..(sitting from driver)

Old 10-02-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
hey, whatever happen to your post about abc problem? did you get it check out.scanned?

i been trying to get the sensor seperate..haven't find it yet..only come as a valve unit..

btw..location is bottom right of your car..(sitting from driver)

Hey thanks for the pictures. Oxygen actually told me where it was located. I am not sure what to do yet. I haven't had the time yet to go back to the shop. I am very confused since the ABC works perfectly on the first start up and never fails until you turn it off and restart. Then it is anyones guess if the warning comes back. This is why I do not think my pump is bad. If it was I would think the warning would come on while I was driving also. I think I have a air pocket in the ABC that is causing the 0 PSI reading. Any ideas? I was thinking of trying to find some #'s or manufacturer from the sensor itself and seeing if I could find the supplier seperately instead of buying the whole valve.
Johan
Old 10-02-2009, 12:13 PM

Pinto
http://www.mikado-parts.ru/webcat/oe...SGR=235&SGN=05

0125429217 #300 ABC PRESSURE SENSOR

Last edited by Viet_Amg408; 10-02-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 PM

So when you check the fluid level for the ABC should the car be running or not?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
So when you check the fluid level for the ABC should the car be running or not?

I CALLED MERCEDES DEALERSHIP THIS MORNING..THEY DON'T SELL THE SENDING UNIT ITSELF ANYMORE.. HAVE TO BUY THE VALVE SET UNT..$900USD..

check abc fluid... when engine idle..it should be between 1st mark and second mark on the dipstick...

engine off..it should read 2nd mark...
Old 11-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55 AMG
Johan, did you ever find you pressure sensor? or did you have to purchase the whole unit? I'm told I have the same issue w/ my 02 s55 amg. I'm having a hard time locating the pressure sensor seperately from the valve unit also.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kdubs55amg
Johan, did you ever find you pressure sensor? or did you have to purchase the whole unit? I'm told I have the same issue w/ my 02 s55 amg. I'm having a hard time locating the pressure sensor seperately from the valve unit also.
No luck. Actually it ended up being the pump after all. It was just weak and on its way out. Good luck.
Johan
Old 12-30-2011, 10:02 PM

So the pump was bad? I thought when they went bad it all just failed, like there would be no doubt it was a bad pump.

My car is riding on rocks right now, and I'm trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with it. Stiff as heck, like rock solid. No warnings, ride raises/lowers, and I'm thinking now its a bad pressure sensor (and I don't know if this is even a symptom), but now they only sell it with the valve.

My pulsation damper is due as well, just ordered that today. Droning and vibrating. Hey, maybe thats why its riding so damn hard?
Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 AM

S55 AMG
there could be hope

there is an independant company which may sell the sensor separately. the website is:
www.huscointl.com they're currently on holiday. i have an email into them but no one will be available until after the new year celebration. but they do have an image of the pressure sesnor valve on their website in the 'suspension' link & the sensors separately which in their literature are becomming self calibrated. which will mean "plug 'n play". there's hope... check it out for yourself.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:27 AM

S55 AMG
Fortunately I don’t need a tandom pump but the stiffness you describe seems to point to your pump. You may want to check out ebay, they sell rebuilt ones w/ a warranty attached for around $600. I was getting ABC messages in RED on the display screen.

I also had my pulsation damper changed as well as the accumulator. With these changes the humming noise is gone. My engine is a lot quieter. As for the pressure sensor on the pressure sensor valve, I’m hoping the independent company ‘huscointl.com’ will sell the sensor separately. Also, Mercedes parts dept may sell an $80 kit related to the pressure valve. Though I opted for that and it seems to be holding up I’d feel better if I could purchase the pressure sensor separately.

If you haven’t done it you may want to ask about flushing the hydraulic fluid and replacing the filter in the process. Though Mercedes hasn’t made this a part of the standard maintenance, at some point the hydraulic fluid will get dirty. Dirty hydraulic fluid is not good for any of the electronic sensors. Something to think about.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 05CL55
So the pump was bad? I thought when they went bad it all just failed, like there would be no doubt it was a bad pump.

My car is riding on rocks right now, and I'm trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with it. Stiff as heck, like rock solid. No warnings, ride raises/lowers, and I'm thinking now its a bad pressure sensor (and I don't know if this is even a symptom), but now they only sell it with the valve.

My pulsation damper is due as well, just ordered that today. Droning and vibrating. Hey, maybe thats why its riding so damn hard?
Hey,
Yea when my pump went bad the ride was horrible to say the least. What happened is the pump died and lost pressure so the valve blocks "locked up" so they will still hold the car up but have no give any more. Basically the car rides like it has no suspension. If you have the car connected up to Star they can read if there is any pressure. good luck.
Johan
Old 09-03-2021, 10:49 AM

W221 S500
Originally Posted by 05CL55

have you solved this problem?

Greating kareltje