E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mercedes now only do Service A/B. No more C,F,H.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 2001
Exclamation Mercedes now only do Service A/B. No more C,F,H.

The display on my E320 says that "Service F" is needed on 65k. When I went to the dealership today in Beverly Hills, they told me that Mercedes now only do service A or B. So, there is no service C,F,H etc anymore. Now, it's only A or B. (IS this true??????) I was like, WTF?? So, they told me that I needed Service B instead of Service F, which the one appearead on my display. Then, they charged me for 700 bucks. For the second time I was like, WTF??

Is it expensive because they probably combine some major services into service B or what? I searched for a while in the forum and I found out that it is cheaper and worthy to do services in an independent Mercedes auto shop. Is this a good option? Anyone knows any reliable independent Mercedes auto shop in west-LA?

How about places like Midas or Auto Precision Tune? Are they good and pro? Please share your thoughts or experiences guys.. They will be very much appreciated.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
This would be a pain in the *** if true. I don't understand why it would be the case, because didn't they add the C and F, etc. services more recently? I know my '01 S500 only had A and B Services, so unless it's an S-Class thing, I'd assume they started doing the extra Letter Services more recently.

I know of an M-B Indie shop that has treated me really well so far. I forgot the name (I know, this is not of much help), but they are on Santa Monica Blvd., just a few Blocks West of the Century City shopping Mall, which is a couple Miles West of Wilshire.

Hope that helps some.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 AM

S320
Originally Posted by tgani
How about places like Midas or Auto Precision Tune? Are they good and pro?
Dont know about Auto precision, but i would never ever get my car to Midas... They are working like cheap pigs. At least here in Europe.

Been reading my W220 manual and they are only talking about A and B service. Actualy, i have never hear'd about C,F or H.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM

2005 E320
My dealer here in the Phoenix area told me the same thing last week. A and B services only now.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Almost a Member!

C320 2001
Originally Posted by Mustyzzle
Dont know about Auto precision, but i would never ever get my car to Midas... They are working like cheap pigs. At least here in Europe.

Been reading my W220 manual and they are only talking about A and B service. Actualy, i have never hear'd about C,F or H.
I think they do Service C,F,H on cars built on 2003 or later. I had a C class 2001 before and it only had service A or B. But mine now is E320 2003 and it has such services. Last year I only did service C (coz that the one showed on the display) for me E. But now, I guess they back to A/B service. Probably they don't get that much money if they still stick with A,B,C,F,H services.

Anyone has done service B in an independent Mercedes auto shop???
Old 08-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Almost a Member!

C320 2001
Originally Posted by K-A
This would be a pain in the *** if true. I don't understand why it would be the case, because didn't they add the C and F, etc. services more recently? I know my '01 S500 only had A and B Services, so unless it's an S-Class thing, I'd assume they started doing the extra Letter Services more recently.

I know of an M-B Indie shop that has treated me really well so far. I forgot the name (I know, this is not of much help), but they are on Santa Monica Blvd., just a few Blocks West of the Century City shopping Mall, which is a couple Miles West of Wilshire.

Hope that helps some.
Yeah.. I guess they get more money with A/B service. Damn.. I live in UCLA. It shouldn't be far from where I live. What service did you do there?
Old 08-21-2008, 03:14 PM

E500, 3000GT and 3000GT VR-4, 335i
It is only Service A and B, read below.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....7&postcount=74
Old 08-21-2008, 06:12 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
They actually just did a full check up on my S500 and put it on a "Rodeo" since one of the wheels was sagging. My older brother had referred me so they helped me out and were really nice.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
The services after b are just versions of a and b. As time passes the car keeps track of brake wear, brake fluid life, fuel filters, spark plugs etc. So as time passes the car will throw up a different letter and it just means the tech should do some additional inspections and maybe recommend some additional servicing in addition to the normal oil change which is also known as an a and b service. You can read the same thing in the service books for when things should be changed but the car can keep track of it as well. I think its easier to just tell the tech what to do through the on board computer instead of having all these letters to confuse the customer.

For example some cars have 2 brake pad wear sensors. If you trip the first sensor it throws a different service letter because the car wants to have its brake pads inspected as they are getting close to the 25% wear indicator.

Does this help at all?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E500 with 'some' BRABUS upgrades
I was at Mercedes Benz of San Diego yesterday and scheduled an appointment for my SERVICE D that came up on my heads up display. My service adviser didn't mention anything about only A & B services.

Call another MB dealership and ask them if its true. Don't call BH MB but House of Imports of some other MB dealer. That will tell you for sure if your dealer is blowing smoke up your ***
Old 08-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,412 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by BRABUS_E500
I was at Mercedes Benz of San Diego yesterday and scheduled an appointment for my SERVICE D that came up on my heads up display. My service adviser didn't mention anything about only A & B services.

Might I suggest viewing the current MBUSA service sheets via the link provided?
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....71&postcount=7
Old 08-22-2008, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Guys,

You know that Service A = 1hr and Service B = 2 hr. In both cases, they might only really just change the oil, but in a B service they may check more things that take mre labor time. The higher service letters just mean more time. Not a specific list of items. It is artificial.

If you really want to know what needs to be done to your car, then read the maintenance schedule pamphlet in your car.

At 65Kmi my car would need:
replace "combination" filter = cabin air filter
spark plugs
replace brake fluid (once every 2 yrs or 60k)
clean and lube pano roof (every 3yr or 60k)
oil and filter

There is also a long checklist of things to check. I would guess brakes and tires would be first on my list. But I am not going to bother with the battery check unless I have been having a problem. Checking paint for wear is something I do every weekend.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 PM

2000 e320
IN THE A.M. HAVE TO CRANK CAR 3-4 TIMES AND LET IT RUN 5-7 MINUTES OR CAR WILL NOT MOVE OR DRIVE SMOOTHLY OR TAKE OFF. IS IT A SIGNAL FOR TRANSMISSION ISSUES IF SO WHAT SHOULD I CHECK WITH MECHANIC.
I HAVE 103,000 MILES 2000 E320 AUTOMATIC ALSO NOTICE DIFFICULTY GOING UP HILLS OCCASIONALLY.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by victory2
IN THE A.M. HAVE TO CRANK CAR 3-4 TIMES AND LET IT RUN 5-7 MINUTES OR CAR WILL NOT MOVE OR DRIVE SMOOTHLY OR TAKE OFF. IS IT A SIGNAL FOR TRANSMISSION ISSUES IF SO WHAT SHOULD I CHECK WITH MECHANIC.
I HAVE 103,000 MILES 2000 E320 AUTOMATIC ALSO NOTICE DIFFICULTY GOING UP HILLS OCCASIONALLY.
Check fluid level. Sounds like it's low on fluid.