Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**** Beverly Hills Red Light Cameras

Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
**** Beverly Hills Red Light Cameras

Juss sayin.....

I got a $500 ticket for rolling a red light on a right turn, I won't waste time going into detail but without exaggerating I literally made the safest right turn in the history of right turns...

But because I technically did not come to a complete stop my only option now is to go to court and try and argue the basis of the traffic law itself.

We'll see how that goes...

If all else fails, I know people who know people who kill judges...
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 AM

E55 AMG, 72' Toyota Carina, 63' Ford F100, 72' Mercedes 250c, 15' Harley Davidson Softail
written declaration.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
**** Beverly Hills
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63
Not sure if you knew this but you don't have to pay red light camera tickets. LA actually just admitted to it. It doesn't go through the court system. They just send you to collections and then they finally give up. Here is a link to the article. Cheers.

LA Times Red Light Camera
Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
$500 for a redlight ticket? Is it a new slang for picking up hooker in Beverly Hills?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by Hyperlite
Juss sayin.....

I got a $500 ticket for rolling a red light on a right turn, I won't waste time going into detail but without exaggerating I literally made the safest right turn in the history of right turns...

But because I technically did not come to a complete stop my only option now is to go to court and try and argue the basis of the traffic law itself.

lmao
Old 07-31-2011, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by gdestiny
Not sure if you knew this but you don't have to pay red light camera tickets. LA actually just admitted to it. It doesn't go through the court system. They just send you to collections and then they finally give up. Here is a link to the article. Cheers.

LA city council just voted the other day to shut down the entire red light camera system.

But the OP got the ticket in BH. BH is a city in itself (its own city hall and police, etc.) and not within LA jurisdiction. Maybe he can use the LA issue as precedent in court, but it's still a BH ticket under BH law.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:22 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
haha, and I'll bet you guys thought gravity makes the world go around.......LOL, it's really money.......

go figure
Old 07-31-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Do these tickets come with photos in the mail? If so, does it look like you? If not, they cannot prove a thing. Wait a while, then extension, then Trial by Declaration the $%^&*( thing! You were not driving, family was over, but it cannot be determined who was driving that day, simple as that. Ask them to PROVE it was you.

I beat mt last 3 speeding tickets with TBD. Give it a shot. Downside is, once you plead, it is now in the court system vs. doing nothing and it just sits in limbo.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Hmmm makes me wonder if this LA Times article would be pertinent

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6795102.story
Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
damn $100 here in Houston! But no one ever pays them.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 PM

2005 E55 AMG
They got my face on photo, I didn't know about that article I'll read it and see if i can use anything.

Thanks for the info guys
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Woah woah woah, wait a second...

Beverly Hills is part of Los Angeles County, this article says LA County red light tickets voluntary unenforceable. So wouldn't that mean my ticket is voluntary?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 PM

2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by gdestiny

Does the collections agency report the collection to the credit bureaus? If so, unless you don't plan to borrow again, the $500 sting is a drop in the bucket compared to a high rate of interest on a car, house or other big ticket purchase that is financed.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM

2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by pearlpower
Do these tickets come with photos in the mail? If so, does it look like you? If not, they cannot prove a thing. Wait a while, then extension, then Trial by Declaration the $%^&*( thing! You were not driving, family was over, but it cannot be determined who was driving that day, simple as that. Ask them to PROVE it was you.

I beat mt last 3 speeding tickets with TBD. Give it a shot. Downside is, once you plead, it is now in the court system vs. doing nothing and it just sits in limbo.
I got a photo radar ticket. I paid it b/c I'd have had to lie to get out of it. I value my character more than my money. That's me anyway.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:52 PM

2004 E55
Juss sayin.....

So...let me get this straight. You admit to breaking the law, don't want to deal with the penalty and then make the statement about murdering someone for your mistake if you don't get the ticket dropped?

Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Woah woah woah, wait a second...

Beverly Hills is part of Los Angeles County, this article says LA County red light tickets voluntary unenforceable. So wouldn't that mean my ticket is voluntary?
But it's still a BH city ticket. BH normally has traffic tickets and fines paid to the city and city hall. The BH Traffic Court is in the courthouse on Burton Way which is part of the LA County Superior Court system. It'll depend if BH is aggressive about it or not.

I mentioned to use the LA city council vote to eliminate red light cameras and the county courts reluctance to collect as your precedent. So it's up to you to ignore it or not.

Here's from last week's LA Weekly:

"Update: The red-light camera programs in cities outside Los Angeles have not, at this point, been terminated.

However, Paul Neuman, aide to Councilman Koretz, says red-light tickets issued in cities outside L.A. but within the county -- because they also go through the L.A. County Superior Court -- "are probably more or less in the same boat." But so far, "L.A. is the only one stating on the record that you don't have to pay."

We're calling around to individual cities, to see if they are willing to take a similar stance on the cameras, or if they have separate, harsher collections contracts in place. Check back for updates."
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by outrun
So...let me get this straight. You admit to breaking the law, don't want to deal with the penalty and then make the statement about murdering someone for your mistake if you don't get the ticket dropped?

While I technically broke the law, I will still contest it in court given that the two primary reasons for traffic laws are driver & pedestrian safety and transportation efficiency. Given that I made my right turn at a time when there was literally no one I could possibly endanger "and" the fact that I still slowed down (while not coming to a complete stop) before I made my right turn during a time where I would not impede any traffic whatsoever I believe the reason for me to be required to come to a complete stop was not needed, and the video shows that as well.

So It all depends on whether the judge is a rational-justice minded person, or a total douche who has no comprehension of what the law actually is or justice for that matter and is just trying to **** me out of 500 bucks.

That's about as far into it as I'll go.

I ain't even mad bro, I live in CA.

Last edited by Nola; 08-03-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: TOU conformance
Old 08-03-2011, 10:45 AM

2004 E55
While I technically broke the law, I will still contest it in court given that the two primary reasons for traffic laws are driver & pedestrian safety and transportation efficiency. Given that I made my right turn at a time when there was literally no one I could possibly endanger "and" the fact that I still slowed down (while not coming to a complete stop) before I made my right turn during a time where I would not impede any traffic whatsoever I believe the reason for me to be required to come to a complete stop was not needed, and the video shows that as well.

So It all depends on whether the judge is a rational-justice minded person, or a total douche who has no comprehension of what the law actually is or justice for that matter and is just trying to **** me out of 500 bucks.

That's about as far into it as I'll go.

You broke the law. Deal with it. Stop whining like a little *****.

Last edited by Nola; 08-03-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: TOU Conformance
Old 08-03-2011, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Given that I made my right turn at a time when there was literally no one I could possibly endanger "and" the fact that I still slowed down (while not coming to a complete stop) before I made my right turn during a time where I would not impede any traffic whatsoever I believe the reason for me to be required to come to a complete stop was not needed, and the video shows that as well.
Just a suggestion, but this is a fallacious argument in a court of law. The analogy is fighting a speeding ticket on the premise that you felt driving on an empty freeway at 100 mph was appropriate since the freeway was devoid of traffic. If the freeway has an established speed limit of 65, then that is the speed limit. There are no exceptions based on what you thought was appropriate at the time. The court cannot make an exception based on the circumstances you mentioned above.

Your best option to file a trial by declaration and sit it out until the LA Superior Courts decide to not follow through with any red light camera tickets in any jurisdiction, despite being in BH or elsewhere. The LA Weekly article mentions they are contacting cities outside of LA to find out their position on the issue. So just sit tight (extended by the trial by declaration.) The odds are in your favor.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:25 PM

MBZ
Originally Posted by 220S
LA city council just voted the other day to shut down the entire red light camera system.

But the OP got the ticket in BH. BH is a city in itself (its own city hall and police, etc.) and not within LA jurisdiction. Maybe he can use the LA issue as precedent in court, but it's still a BH ticket under BH law.
BH is part of L.A
Old 08-03-2011, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by petener999
BH is part of L.A
Sorry, but BH is a city located within LA County.

http://www.beverlyhills.org/government/default.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills,_California

Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 PM

2004 E55
I know a few guys that work for the BH PD. Call and ask for them, explain the situation, and you'll probably be let off the hook. I know these guys. I'll tell them to be expecting a call, and they should hook you up.

Sgt. Taggart or Det. Billy Rosewood.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 PM

MBZ
I know a few guys that work for the BH PD. Call and ask for them, explain the situation, and you'll probably be let off the hook. I know these guys. I'll tell them to be expecting a call, and they should hook you up.

Sgt. Taggart or Det. Billy Rosewood.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 AM

2005 E55 AMG
You broke the law. Deal with it. Stop whining like a little *****.

There's a difference between whining like a little ***** and wanting to fight a bull**** ticket who's only purpose is to generate revenue....

Go troll somewhere else.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: **** Beverly Hills Red Light Cameras