CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Roll bar light and hazard light while driving

Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
Roll bar light and hazard light while driving

Hi

when driving her w209 320, my wife says that it will flash the amber roll bar light in the dash and blink the hazard lights two or three times and unlock the doors - sometimes both, and sometime only one of the doors. All this while driving at normal speed and on normal roads. No put holes or bumps. It does not happen driving over speedbumps. It does not affect the drive in any way, and the headrests in the back are not deployed.

I thought she was being "blond", but having taking it for a short spin to get a pizza it happend to me as well.

Anybody have any ideas?

And while we are at it, the car squeaks like an old bed from the right side back, so much that it is getting embarrassing.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 AM

2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
The wifes says it is starting to act up even more. When she came out this morning, the drives door was unlocked while the passenger door was still locked.

When she parked the car when arriving to work, she locked it and stood and waited until the interior light turned off, and then the drivers door unlocked it self.

The other day she went out to get something out of the boot, turned of the car and left the keys in her handbag (keyless go). Took the stuff out of the boot and went back to drive on. Was locked out. Both doors locked and would not open. Could still open the boot.

No problem opening with the second key.

Nobdy expericed this before??
Old 10-29-2011, 11:52 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
These are all things controlled by the rear SAM. The first thing I'd do is replace fuse #6 on the rear SAM (i.e. the fuse panel in the trunk/boot). This is the fuse for the Keyless-Go controller. Replacing it will eliminate fuse problems and is the cheap and easy first step in diagnosis.

If that doesn't work, then I suspect it's either a bad Keyless-Go controller or a bad rear SAM. In either case, you need to have someone with SDS pull the codes from those components (a standard OBDII sod reader won't work). Carsoft might, but it can be flaky. SDS is the way to go.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:14 AM

2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
Thanks Rudeney

I will try it out. However it is not easy to see which fuse is #6, as they are all facing forward, and I can not find any description of it in the manual.

Do you have an overview of the fuses in the boot?

Thank you very much for your help
Old 11-03-2011, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
the layout of fuses should be on the driver side panel.

open your door, face your steering wheel. there should be a plastic panel with a part where you can pry open with a screw driver. there are another set of fuses in there as well as a list of fuses and what they correspond to and where they are in the car. good luck!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:05 AM

2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
Thank you! Found it and changed it - however, no change in how the car is behaving.

Was on a weekend trip and drove 400 miles and it lock and unlocked the doors every few minutes, flashing the hazard lights, locking and unlocking the glove department, flashed the interior lights, turned on the parking aid at 80 mph, flashed the roll bar indicator – it would do all at the same time every 30 min and in between it would randomly pick one or more of its party tricks.

Otherwise the car drives perfect
Old 11-08-2011, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
lol haunted? jk jk jk =p

sounds like a dealer/indy time for sure tho.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 AM

2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
It turned out that the ghost was the aftermarket roof control unit from XTC (http://www.x-t-c.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=1033)

I disconneted it and everything is back to normal - minus the comfort that came with the roof control unit