C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Wheel go boom.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG
Wheel go boom.

Well, I guess it was inevitable. While on a trip to PA the other day, I hit something on 495 and my drivers side rear wheel went kaboom. Got a giant crack/bend on the lip, and the tire took a nice big tear as well.

Trying to find any good websites to order a replacement, as I haven't really found anything solid, all of the websites are so vague. Also wondering about doing a wheel set, and what offset I can run for aftermarket wheels. Thanks for the info dudes.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 S420 2006 C55AMG 2002Mustang GT
http://www.allfactorywheels.com/prod...%22-65384.html heres a real wheel its pricey but we own AMGs so such is life
Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
500 is cheap they usually list for about 1k per wheel, it may be aftermarket or used definitely not brand new from mb with that price tag.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 AM

2006 C55 AMG
so i found this: http://shop.wheelsrims.net/search.ht...&part_subtype=

I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it is available, and can get here in a timely manner.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
500 is cheap they usually list for about 1k per wheel, it may be aftermarket or used definitely not brand new from mb with that price tag.
Condition: Alloy Refinished
Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 AM

05 C55
Originally Posted by XdelaforceX
Well, I guess it was inevitable. While on a trip to PA the other day, I hit something on 495 and my drivers side rear wheel went kaboom. Got a giant crack/bend on the lip, and the tire took a nice big tear as well.

Trying to find any good websites to order a replacement, as I haven't really found anything solid, all of the websites are so vague. Also wondering about doing a wheel set, and what offset I can run for aftermarket wheels. Thanks for the info dudes.

That is the exact reason I only drive a Hyundai into Phila. I destroyed two 19" wheels in my 540 by Penns Landing a few years ago, and learned my lesson.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by mkonei
That is the exact reason I only drive a Hyundai into Phila. I destroyed two 19" wheels in my 540 by Penns Landing a few years ago, and learned my lesson.
Philly roads are bad, no getting around it... but I managed to pick up a bend in the lip of my driver's side 18" forged Monolite on the pothole minefield in NJ just east of the Ben Franklin as you follow 70 towards Cherry Hill.

Fortunately the tire didn't "go boom," but I do need to find a reputable wheel repair place to fix my wheel. Probably have the other 3 refinished at the same time, so everything matches. Got a referral to a place that's supposed to be great in NY, but would prefer something that's not 2 hours away if at all possible. Any ideas?

Sorry for the admitted thread-jack, OP.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:21 PM

2006 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Philly roads are bad, no getting around it... but I managed to pick up a bend in the lip of my driver's side 18" forged Monolite on the pothole minefield in NJ just east of the Ben Franklin as you follow 70 towards Cherry Hill.

Fortunately the tire didn't "go boom," but I do need to find a reputable wheel repair place to fix my wheel. Probably have the other 3 refinished at the same time, so everything matches. Got a referral to a place that's supposed to be great in NY, but would prefer something that's not 2 hours away if at all possible. Any ideas?

hey man, not a problem at all. if anything, it helps people gain resources for the information we are all looking for. just think of it like a parking lot discussion at a meet or something! anyhow, here is a photo of the damage, notice the distance between the hole in the tire, and the bend in the rim. sucks.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:23 PM

05 C55
Wheel Works fixed my TSWs from my 540. Small place, 10 minutes north of the Burlington Bristol Bridge. Did a nice job on the repair, but I did not get anything refinished, the bend was on the inside.

Wheel Works
1703 Route 130 N, Burlington, NJ 08016
(609) 387-4488.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by XdelaforceX
so i found this: http://shop.wheelsrims.net/search.ht...&part_subtype=

I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it is available, and can get here in a timely manner.
For that price, they HAVE to be replica's if you care....
Old 02-20-2012, 03:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

I've used this place:

http://johnnydents.com/services

They are in Pennsaukin. John (owner) is a very nice guy. Rim came out very good - better than the first guy who repaired it who could not match the paint.

The other place I know that has a good reputation is:

http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccsvcs.html

I did not use them as I did not like their attitude on the phone. I had a "minor rash" - something so minor most people would not bother to fix it - and they would not even engage in a discussion about price. They were one price no matter the damage. Pissed me off so I went to John's place. It has held up well - been about a year and looks as it did when they repaired it.

Good luck.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by mgiannetto
I've used this place:

http://johnnydents.com/services

They are in Pennsaukin. John (owner) is a very nice guy. Rim came out very good - better than the first guy who repaired it who could not match the paint.

The other place I know that has a good reputation is:

http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccsvcs.html

I did not use them as I did not like their attitude on the phone. I had a "minor rash" - something so minor most people would not bother to fix it - and they would not even engage in a discussion about price. They were one price no matter the damage. Pissed me off so I went to John's place. It has held up well - been about a year and looks as it did when they repaired it.

Good luck.
Great info - thanks, much appreciated. I'd forgotten about Wheel Collision - I've heard good things about them as well, and they're not too far. Thanks again.