E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

SRS seat sensor problem

Old 04-01-2012, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 e220 cdi
(TWO DAYS WITHOUT ANY HELPFUL ADVICE) WHERE THE EXPERTS??SRS seat sensor problem

HI I want your advice ??I have E220 CDI 2005 with SRS seat sensor problem Yesterday I took my car to a mechanic to check because SRS warning is on

he told me that I have a srs problem with seat sensor and I it cost me about 700 $ to fix (you know it is a lot for a sensor so i went to home and check on internet how to release it and finally I release it in 2 hours of work)

I look at it many times it seems good condition without anu broken wires in the map but I do not know how it is working

Can anyone how it I can fix it OR make anything to loose the SRS warning

also I see some SRS emulator on the net but I do not know how it works OR if it just works

http://www.obd2motor.com/benz-seat-o...ator_p310.html

http://www.obd2motor.com/srs-seat-se...tor_p4271.html

http://www.inovauto.com/index.php/re..._from_store=pt

CAN ANYONE ADVICE ME???

Last edited by altahhan; 04-03-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: edit title
Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Can you get a pic of the OEM MB part?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:56 AM

w211 e220 cdi
ANY ADVICE SRS picture OEM

Originally Posted by vettdvr
Can you get a pic of the OEM MB part?

THAT'S THE PICS

Shot at 2012-04-02

Shot at 2012-04-02

Shot at 2012-04-02

ANY ADVICE???

Last edited by altahhan; 04-02-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: pic edit
Old 04-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
the SRS is not something I'd screw with or cheap out on especially when it comes to a car with as many safety features as ours. Don't forget, that SRS system is what's going to save your *** one day if you get in a wreck.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 PM

2004 E500 4Matic
Originally Posted by jcat
the SRS is not something I'd screw with or cheap out on especially when it comes to a car with as many safety features as ours. Don't forget, that SRS system is what's going to save your *** one day if you get in a wreck.
Agree!!

You didn't say where did you take your car to check that the dealer or somewhere else.

I think these may just need to be calibrated, but i'm not an expert, you may need to get a second opinion before you spend that kind of money ...
Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM

w211 e220 cdi
TOW DAYS AND WITHOUT ANYONE ADVICE (WHERE THE EXPERT IN THIS FORUM)

Originally Posted by superman7
Agree!!

You didn't say where did you take your car to check that the dealer or somewhere else.

I think these may just need to be calibrated, but i'm not an expert, you may need to get a second opinion before you spend that kind of money ...
THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION BUT YOU SEEM DID NOT READ MY QUESTION????
IT WAS

Can anyone know if I can fix it OR make anything to loose the SRS warning

also I see some SRS emulator on the net but I do not know how it works OR if it just works

ALSO KIND FROM YOU THAT YOU QUOTE
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM

2017 S550 4matic
Hey captain caps lock, we did read the question you just didn't get the answer you wanted. Let me reply more directly:

1.) Can you repair the module? NO, you yourself cannot. It likely cannot be repaired even by MB or a similar outfit, and must be REPLACED. You also should NOT eliminate any part of the SRS system as it is vital to operation of airbags when involved in a crash.

2.) Can you use the emulator? NO you should not. This is likely to malfunction and will probably get you KILLED in the event of a crash.

If you want to get rid of the seat belt warning buy a buckle insert or have a dealer disable it. DO NOT try to half *** your way around the SRS system.

Use your head before you do something stupid and get yourself hurt or killed. If you tamper with the SRS system you're not going to be able to sue ANYONE in the event of crash injuries if that's the type of person you are.

Go ahead and make as many threads as you want asking for 'more useful' advice. The other members on here will tell you exactly what I did.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
w211 320 sport
Hello, Go to STAR diagnosis, and turn off the display for a seated person. This will solve the problem and the system will function normally
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM

w211 e220 cdi
Hey expert jcat, you are worried for the safety and you do not know exactly the function of srs seat sensor

let me tell you :

IT knows if a person sit on the seat or a baby sit
It has a control of one air bag in front of passenger so it is safety if you put a baby in front it did not open the air bag to protect the baby from being killed from the air bag itself (also in a crash it's open if broken)
and (((((srs isn't disabled if the sensor is broken and it is disabled the seat belt alarm so no need to disable the belt alarm and it is safety for you if no baby sit on the front ))))))

. Let me reply more directly:

so in a crash all air bags opens if its broken but make sure no baby sit in front to protect him

Use your eyes and read more between the lines (I need an answer from an expert and from your reply you do not know any about srs seat sensor function before you do just reply make sure your advice is probably helpful and not just opinion

FINALLY THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY AND YOUR CONCERN ABOUT MY SAFETY
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM

2017 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by altahhan
Hey expert jcat, you are worried for the safety and you do not know exactly the function of srs seat sensor

let me tell you :

IT knows if a person sit on the seat or a baby sit
It has a control of one air bag in front of passenger so it is safety if you put a baby in front it did not open the air bag to protect the baby from being killed from the air bag itself (also in a crash it's open if broken)
and (((((srs isn't disabled if the sensor is broken and it is disabled the seat belt alarm so no need to disable the belt alarm and it is safety for you if no baby sit on the front ))))))

. Let me reply more directly:

so in a crash all air bags opens if its broken but make sure no baby sit in front to protect him

Use your eyes and read more between the lines (I need an answer from an expert and from your reply you do not know any about srs seat sensor function before you do just reply make sure your advice is probably helpful and not just opinion

FINALLY THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY AND YOUR CONCERN ABOUT MY SAFETY
none of that changes the fact that the emulator you're looking at is probably a cheapo chinese resistor that CAN and WILL affect the rest of your SRS system. It's a SYSTEM, not a component, any changes in one area WILL affect the other areas.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Too much shouting here, hurts my eyes. Give the Dealer $$ and he can repair it.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Originally Posted by vettdvr
Too much shouting here, hurts my eyes. Give the Dealer $$ and he can repair it.
Caps lock is the highway to cool man, GET WITH IT SIR. But seriously, it is - in fact - a sensitive system that is better left to proper repair. I know it is an unrelated car brand and different model year, not implying anything bad will happen, but a friend of mine had an Acura MDX (2002 I believe) with a similar issue - and as that specific sensor was broken it caused a warning in his dashboard, but he waited to get it properly replaced and ended up just disconnecting the seat sensor.

Well, he rolled his car at 55 MPH later that week, and none of the airbags deployed at all. He sent 3 people to the hospital and one is still recovering from nerve damage as a result of her landing on some broken glass.

Will this happen in a Mercedes? I cannot say for sure how it will affect the SRS system, but if it is bringing up warning lights I really just think you need to get it repaired properly (AT THE DEALER) because much of this acts similar to a series circuit in which all parts of the chain must be properly functioning for the system to deploy in the event of a crash.