CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Evosport, not sendig my items

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6
Evosport, not sendig my items

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know anything about Evosport??
I have ordered and payed my items 20th of december 2012 and still havent recieved anything. My order contained the following items:

- Evosport brake rotor set for a CLK63, 360mm fronts and 330mm rear
- brake line set
- porterfield brake pads
- front and rear sway bar for a slk32 amg
- titanium shims set

The total order value is about 3200usd. I have had over 100 mail conversations with them about why the order was delayed but always got different answers. The people that I have been in contact with is Jose and Simon.
Jose dont seem to be in the company anymore. They have always answered my mails and the phone but the last 3 weeks I havent heard anything from them.

Does anybody here on the forum live near Evosport? Or does anybody here know anything about them? Have they closed down there business? Have I lost my money?

I would be greatful if somebody could help me out. To bad that I live in Sweden.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 PM

SRT-6
Evosport is a vendor/sponsor here or not? Someone from them should step up and let us know what the deal is. I just hate when companies let you down.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
That's a lot of money. Hopefully they didn't go out of business on you.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by Grip Grip
That's a lot of money. Hopefully they didn't go out of business on you.
simon atik | simon@evosport.com
t: 714.901.3100 x112 | t: 888.520.9971 | f: 714.242.1893

I sent a random email to them asking if they are still in business and got an email response from Simon on May 27th.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
Good luck, you're going to need it.

The links below are from 2011.

Mercedes tuner fights online forum over "hundreds of thousands" of dollars

http://www.*********.com/content.php?1050-Warning-to-Mercedes-Enthusiasts!-Evosport-hundreds-of-thousands-in-debt-not-delivering-parts

http://vwboost.com/content.php?1074-Proof-that-Evosport-is-thousands-in-debt-and-soliciting-customers-for-generation-of-capital&page=10

If you paid using a credit card, you should look into filing a charge back as soon as possible.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've waited for 6mos and you have yet to receive a single item/shipment?

Credit card dispute if you haven't already paid the bills? That's a very long time.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2009 clk-350 (Black) AMG, 2009 clk-550 (Pewter) AMG
5901 Engineer Drive, Huntington Beach, CA 92649 USA

Buy a ticket and get your @ss to their office, print out the 100s of emails, credit card statement, order statement. call the cops and record the whole thing.
then take them to court.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
I went to their office not too long ago... they didn't take me up on my build for whatever reason but they did show me around their impressively huge garage. Even let me toy around with a EVOsport labeled McLaren. On the surface seemed ok...

On another note, absurd wait time for custom builds are part of the game. TRUST... Last time I was involved in a build, I just bought another car.

To the OP, I live near Evosport. Want me to go knock on the door Lol
Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Evosport was locked out of their shop, I presume due to nonpayment of monthly rent. I know this because Simon helped me get my car out of the shop last week and he's getting my parts out this week. Unfortunately, the shop was recently robbed and some of my parts are missing!! ..along with the money Evosport owes me.

Initially, Evosport didn't advise me of the lockout situation or of the robbery and that just frustrates me even more. I had to contact them. Not to mention, it looks like I'm going to have to pay a third party directly to get my engine parts back since Evosport is not paying their bills even though I paid them in advance.

If they owe you money I suggest you file a claim and know that you're going to have to wait in line.. ,
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Havoc- son of a ***** I hate to hear that. I followed your first build before I decided to get into MBs and now this again!?! If I could afford to I would build you an MID long block for free.. You deserve it for all the haymakers to the chin you've taken from these flaky companies. I'm so sorry!

On topic.. I myself ordered a set of 2 piece 390/330 rotors from them for my E back in early January I think. The fronts shipped in a week or so, they fit perfect and I was very happy with them, but the rears I only just got back in the third week of April. They did eventually ship everything I paid for though!

What is the word? Are they shutting down? Moving to a smaller shop?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
Havoc- son of a ***** I hate to hear that. I followed your first build before I decided to get into MBs and now this again!?! If I could afford to I would build you an MID long block for free.. You deserve it for all the haymakers to the chin you've taken from these flaky companies. I'm so sorry!

On topic.. I myself ordered a set of 2 piece 390/330 rotors from them for my E back in early January I think. The fronts shipped in a week or so, they fit perfect and I was very happy with them, but the rears I only just got back in the third week of April. They did eventually ship everything I paid for though!

What is the word? Are they shutting down? Moving to a smaller shop?
Thanks for your support bro!

Yes, this is VRP all over again. Victor stopped talking to me then Vadim got locked out of his shop. Now Brad stopped talking with me and Simon was locked out. I'm hoping the 3rd time or vendor in this case is the charm! My SL55 is now in San Diego with ACG and I'm confident they can turn my build around.

I'm not sure nor do I care at this point WTF Evosport does. Only the owners know what they can and can't do. Simon last mention that he was unaware of the direction they will take weather to close business or move to a smaller shop.

My HRE wheels, 82mm TB, and upgraded fuel rail with larger injectors are missing and considered stolen at this point. Looks like an Evosport employee is as shady as the owners!!

All The Havoc knows is that he's still making money and tons of it unlike Evosport and that he still has the drive to make his SL55 one powerful Beast!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by adamvondory
Hi everyone!

I have ordered and payed my items 20th of december 2012 and still havent recieved anything. My order contained the following items:

- brake line set
- porterfield brake pads
- titanium shims set

The total order value is about 3200usd. I have had over 100 mail conversations with them about why the order was delayed but always got different answers. The people that I have been in contact with is Jose and Simon.
Jose dont seem to be in the company anymore. They have always answered my mails and the phone but the last 3 weeks I havent heard anything from them.

Does anybody here on the forum live near Evosport? Or does anybody here know anything about them? Have they closed down there business? Have I lost my money?

I would be greatful if somebody could help me out. To bad that I live in Sweden.

Thanks in advance
tråkigt att säga, men du har nog blivit blåst mannen!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:16 PM

CLK63 AMG
Evosport

Evosport have taken full payment for rotors & pads for my CLK63 and now I can't contact them.Does anyone know if they have skipped?. I am in Australia, but boy I would like to be in California to discuss the matter face to face.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Havoc

Yes, this is VRP all over again. Victor stopped talking to me then Vadim got locked out of his shop. Now Brad stopped talking with me and Simon was locked out. I'm hoping the 3rd time or vendor in this case is the charm! My SL55 is now in San Diego with ACG and I'm confident they can turn my build around.

I'm not sure nor do I care at this point WTF Evosport does. Only the owners know what they can and can't do. Simon last mention that he was unaware of the direction they will take weather to close business or move to a smaller shop.

My HRE wheels, 82mm TB, and upgraded fuel rail with larger injectors are missing and considered stolen at this point. Looks like an Evosport employee is as shady as the owners!!

All The Havoc knows is that he's still making money and tons of it unlike Evosport and that he still has the drive to make his SL55 one powerful Beast!!
Holy Shaka Zulu man! That's just crazy about your parts missing and the shop getting robbed. I remembered when Jim's Dymags were stolen there too. Seems like they just need to move to a different part of town?

I thought Brad left Evosport? Didn't even realize Vadim runs his own shop now. Crazy how time flies.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 PM

Not an AMG :(

Damn dude - this is sickening.
You have unbelievable drive to keep going with your SL build - kudos.

I seem to remember you posting some time ago that you had dropped a fair bit of money into the Evosport build. Hope you get something back from it.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by adamvondory
Hi everyone!

- brake line set
- porterfield brake pads
- titanium shims set

Thanks in advance
Adam,

I'm sorry to hear about this order...

If you'd like some help I currently have one complete set of CLK63 Black Series rotors in stock, along with porterfield pads and lines.

Let me know if you want me to get this order going for you.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by info1
Evosport have taken full payment for rotors & pads for my CLK63 and now I can't contact them.Does anyone know if they have skipped?. I am in Australia, but boy I would like to be in California to discuss the matter face to face.
We have a ton of front rotors, but only one set of rear rotors that I would like to hold for Adam until he declines them.

If he does purchase a set, I will check on the rears on monday for you. Payment will not be required until the items are literally ready to ship. Pads are always in stock, both Endless and Porterfield.

Have a good weekend.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
The sad thing is that this happens so much in business and at the end when you pay for something you dont receive, you become an unsecured creditor.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
poor and incompetent business planning or scam artists? Sometimes there's no difference.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I believe they grew too fast. My guess is that after they bought their own building, it likely cost more than anticipated which used up their free cash.

Once you get behind you never catch up and when other players came into the market, the customer base dropped putting further strain on cash flow.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ecampbell
I believe they grew too fast. My guess is that after they bought their own building, it likely cost more than anticipated which used up their free cash.

Once you get behind you never catch up and when other players came into the market, the customer base dropped putting further strain on cash flow.
Negative! They had my car and cash for over a year before they moved with no progress whatsoever!! Okay, they did put a dent in my rear quarter panel..

Edit: More like 2 years before they moved..

Last edited by Havoc; 06-08-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Negative! They had my car and cash for over a year before they moved with no progress whatsoever!! Okay, they did put a dent in my rear quarter panel..

Edit: More like 2 years before they moved..
They moved in 2011 so they have had your car since 2010?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lowpost
poor and incompetent business planning or scam artists? Sometimes there's no difference.
+1!!

I was fed false promises by the owners for over 3 years that I would be taken care of and now the only one taken is me taking them to court!!

And to top it off I paid the same employee's payroll that sole my parts!!

Thanks a lot Evosport!!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ecampbell
They moved in 2011 so they have had your car since 2010?
Yes! Both VRP and Evosport had my car for nearly 3 years each, with both getting paid in advance and both doing NO work whatsoever!! Go figure!!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Yes! Both VRP and Evosport had my car for nearly 3 years each, with both getting paid in advance and both doing NO work whatsoever!! Go figure!!
Wow. The had my car before the sC was put on. I almost paid in advance to get the work done but the little nagging voice told me they had issues so i went to Weistec.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport, not sendig my items