C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tranny Flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Lux CPO Pur 07/12/12
Tranny Flash

One week since dealer performed tranny service with TC drain. Dealer also updated tranny software in response to my complaint of a soft shift from 2-3 at initial startup. As it worked out, left car overnight and dealer was able to reproduce my concern and it was noted as so.

Life with the updated transmission flash is amazing. The car shifts much more crisply in all gears and shift points seem more precise. This has made a world of difference. If you guys experience tranny issues, insist on the tranny flash.

The total bill for the service b, tranny service, and a detail was 940.00. The tranny service alone was 480, but at least the issue was documented and the service is on record in case of future issues. There was some resistance to accept the WIS documentation, but in the end the dealer looked for the TC drain and did the service properly.

Above was only possible because of the information from excellent contributors on this site. Thank you for your efforts and for bringing enjoyment to the daily drive.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
I'm assuming this is the 722.9 7spd tranny? I asked the dealer about any software updates for my 722.6 5spd and was told there was and would probably be none.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C250 4Matic
Originally Posted by CD30043
One week since dealer performed tranny service with TC drain. Dealer also updated tranny software in response to my complaint of a soft shift from 2-3 at initial startup. As it worked out, left car overnight and dealer was able to reproduce my concern and it was noted as so.

Life with the updated transmission flash is amazing. The car shifts much more crisply in all gears and shift points seem more precise. This has made a world of difference. If you guys experience tranny issues, insist on the tranny flash.

The total bill for the service b, tranny service, and a detail was 940.00. The tranny service alone was 480, but at least the issue was documented and the service is on record in case of future issues. There was some resistance to accept the WIS documentation, but in the end the dealer looked for the TC drain and did the service properly.

Above was only possible because of the information from excellent contributors on this site. Thank you for your efforts and for bringing enjoyment to the daily drive.

Did you ever try resetting your tranny? It's free and makes the exact difference you claim. That's probably exactly what the dealer did....
Old 08-28-2013, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
If what the op says is true then its not the same thing. "Resetting" your TCU just tells it to relearn your driving behavior. According to the op, after the dealer worked on it the tranny it shifts more precise and crisp which would leave me to believe it may really have gotten a software update.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Lux CPO Pur 07/12/12
SA indicated it was a software update. I was skeptical, so I wanted to drive it for a week to see if it was merely a reset and would thus default back to the sluggish behavior. In About 250 miles under varied conditions which have not deviated from normal, the tranny remains much improved. I hold open the possibility the fluid replacement made a difference, but the charge had only 36k miles on it it, so I'm inclined to believe it was the software update.