Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 Plate Turbo Change

Old 07-03-2015, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz A45 AMG
14 Plate Turbo Change

Hi all,

So last Wednesday I dropped my car off for its first service. With 3950 miles on the clock and a week under a year old, I presumed there would be no issues... I sit waiting anxiously waiting for MB to call for me to collect my collect. 2:30 pm comes round and the phone goes. I get told there isn't an issue with the service however it turns out my turbo has excess play on the shaft and it needs to be replaced under warranty. I was told to come and collect the car as it was still drive-able ( not something I was happy with but nothing I could do ) I was told there is a 1 week wait on the turbo as they are on back order from Germany. I was a bit a worried as I was scheduled to drive to just south of Newcastle this weekend to meet up with the boys. All I had on my wind was breaking down after the turbo let go. Luckily enough after a 500 mile round trip - it stayed alive. The turbo noise was horrendously noisy by this time and the car really held back whenever it could.

Tuesday came round and I get a phone call from MB saying the new turbo had arrived. I wanted to get the car back in asap so I dropped it off again Wednesday night. I received a call at 3:30 yesterday afternoon saying it was done and ready for collection. Also whilst my car was there, MB updated the ECU & TCU. The numbers are as follows for anyone interested:

ECU: 133903 & 1500
TCU: 0009024426

I must say the car now drives really really smooth. Lots of pull at 5000 rpm, more so than normal! The gearbox seems very responsive too. Not a lot different to Audi's S-Tronic if I'm honest. My car is registered 01/07/14 with a build date of 6 weeks prior. I was shocked this happened to my car with such little mileage. I would strongly advise anyone in the same build/register date to at least check the turbo as it seems more and more have slipped through the net. Remember the car must be stone cold when the inspection is carried out.

For now though - I have my A45 back on form