Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned my AMG GTS with Weistec! Excellent Gains!!

Old 04-14-2016, 03:02 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
This is an example of post that I wish Not to read.... So tempting!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:05 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 AMG GT S, 2015 C7 Corvette Z06, 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by wally AMG
This is an example of post that I wish Not to read.... So tempting!
Spoke to Zach over at Weistec and I'll be heading over their shop to check out their Shop car with all the goodies. He said they are working on some new turbos and aero package that they will release soon.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GTS
Weistec rocks!

I have to chim in. I just got the latest ECU tune from Weistec on my 2016 GTS. WOW, really nice. Great gains in HP, torque and throttle response. I didn't want anything that made the car undriveable, but took it to the edge. The 600+ HP and Torque is exactly what the doctor ordered. It is very fast now and is still controllable and the cars feels like it can use all the power it now has. IMO, anymore power would just spin the tires.

The main thing I wanted was not only good gains, but a great experience and a tune that MB could not detect. With Weistec I got all three! Zach at Weistec has been INCREDIBLE. I own a company that helps other companies build their Brands. One of the ways we accomplish this to to supercharger their customer support. I have to say that Weistec and Zach do not need our services. All my questions were answered quickly and patiently. Zach made me very comfortable. This is my first tune and I was worried. All I did was unplug and send the ECU, they did their thing and I plugged it back in. The car has worked flawlessly!!! I picked Weistec because I wanted someone that was in the game for years and stood behind their work. Thanks to Weistec, Zach and the whole tuning team...you have exceeded my expectations! One final note, Weistec says that this tune is undetectable by MB service. I trust that they know what they are talking about, but contact them for details...
Old 04-30-2016, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Does the exhaust sound any different at idle or Full throttle??
Old 05-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by ROMEO550
Does the exhaust sound any different at idle or Full throttle??
There are small tweaks that they did that increase the pops and burbles and start up and WOT. But if they push the adjustments too much the cats can burn (this is what they told me).
Old 11-19-2016, 01:40 PM

AMG GTS
I just got my w2 setup installed on 91 octane tune. Huge disappointment. My car is slower than it was stock . Glad you enjoyed it . I dont know what to do becauae i live so far from the US, ill ship my ecu back to them and i hope they solve this issue for me . Ps: my car is the one weistec posten on their instagram page , the black edition one
Old 11-20-2016, 06:58 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
hi vic
Old 11-21-2016, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Mnalmana
I just got my w2 setup installed on 91 octane tune. Huge disappointment. My car is slower than it was stock . Glad you enjoyed it . I dont know what to do becauae i live so far from the US, ill ship my ecu back to them and i hope they solve this issue for me . Ps: my car is the one weistec posten on their instagram page , the black edition one
Hmmmm, I guess I am going to call BS on this post and your other thread. Please let us know how and from where you obtained a super rare "Black Edition" GT-S, I was unaware of such a model

...and if my some far fetched chance you are telling the truth just ship your ECU back to them and they will make it right, the Weistec ECU tune will not make your car slower. BTW, your 3 post count history gives your gripe a tons of cred lol
Old 11-21-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Hmmmm, I guess I am going to call BS on this post and your other thread. Please let us know how and from where you obtained a super rare "Black Edition" GT-S, I was unaware of such a model

...and if my some far fetched chance you are telling the truth just ship your ECU back to them and they will make it right, the Weistec ECU tune will not make your car slower. BTW, your 3 post count history gives your gripe a tons of cred lol
JRCART:

I think he was trying to say he owns a black GTS Edition 1 which would be possible outside the US.

I agree with your point that he should have had the ECU at Weistec at least 2 weeks ago and then he would now be raiving about how much hp and tq he has.

Regards
Old 11-21-2016, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Mnalmana

Sorry to hear--- how is your car slower? Do you have dyno charts to prove? Track times by chance?

I love the car even more with the tune btw but traction is more of an issue of course
Old 11-21-2016, 05:20 PM

Received 78 Likes on 51 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Originally Posted by JSwan724
JRCART:

I think he was trying to say he owns a black GTS Edition 1 which would be possible outside the US.

I agree with your point that he should have had the ECU at Weistec at least 2 weeks ago and then he would now be raiving about how much hp and tq he has.

Regards
There is a black GTS edition 1 on their instagram page from somewhere around Saudi - was posted 5 days ago.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
Sorry to hear--- how is your car slower? Do you have dyno charts to prove? Track times by chance?

I love the car even more with the tune btw but traction is more of an issue of course

Mnalmana is a friend of mine and yeah i also have to confirm that his car is surprisingly slower. which is weird i know. i don't really know why though his car is performing this way

Since everyone here is discussing about Weistec ill just type my story here.

When i first did the W2 i dynoed my car and got 532.49rwhp on the top end (vs the bone stock 501rwhp) and got a 99rwhp gain in mid range i was honestly satisfied. We sent the dyno and video and a gentleman over at Weistec requested me to send the ecu over again for a retune as they weren't satisfied with my results (talk about excellent customer service). Once the ecu was shipped back and after fixing the small issue i didn't get a chance yet to dyno the car. But just out of curiosity not that it matters much to me, what kind of dyno numbers would i be looking at? i know every dyno is different, weather conditions etc.

i later started having an issue with my boost too, turbos would "shut down" when i'd floor it. Issue got worse with time, discussed with the same vendor mnalmana and i use, Weistec asked me to do a Xentry test with our local MB dealer, sent the ecu over to Weistec and the car was back to what i wanted her to be. very happy with the results. Weistec were extremely quick in fixing my ecus problem. Ecu was sent all the way to Weistec, retuned and fixed and then back to Bahrain in less than 8 days.
Car has been running great since

But i have to admit, Weistec you are great
and thank you for the flames

The following users liked this post:
jrcart (11-22-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Hahaha luv the flames.

Strange that your friend knows what you went through and hastened to post here first. Good to know weistec is following through.
SL55K (11-23-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vic55

Dyno charts lol? That would make too much sense. Why pay for dyno pulls when you can use free and much more accurate butt dyno lol?
SL55K (11-23-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by UrBusted
There is a black GTS edition 1 on their instagram page from somewhere around Saudi - was posted 5 days ago.
Yes, I see that now, but the way he worded it in his post made it sound like he was saying he owned a Black Edition, my bad.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Hahaha luv the flames.

Strange that your friend knows what you went through and hastened to post here first. Good to know weistec is following through.
Actually, it was my advise to join the forum, his purpose was just to get some advise maybe some people had the same issue. So i guess its my fault for the misunderstanding

Originally Posted by jrcart
Dyno charts lol? That would make too much sense. Why pay for dyno pulls when you can use free and much more accurate butt dyno lol?
Quote of the year
Old 04-17-2018, 09:26 PM

AMG GTS Solarbeam Yellow
Sorry to bump such an old post

How are all of you liking your tunes now?

I seem to follow Vic from different cars, albeit on a much smaller scale lol
RS7, M, 911 turbo s, r8, and now this
Old 11-17-2021, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTS 2016
TRANSMISSION DUMPED OIL DUE TO TUNE?

Hi, Tunes my AMG GTS with HEINZ PERFORMANCE Tune. Car has aftermarket airfilters and catless downpipes. The transmission just broke the seal and all oil leaked out. Car is at the dealership now.
I am wondering if too much torque or a subpar TUNE could cause that. Vendor was hesitant but refunded the tune money. I am stuck with the transmission replacement.

On Heinz performance tune, CAR DYNOs at 546 HP (wheel) and 618TQ

Anyways, my question is, I want to be safe and go with a reputable tuner for stage 2. Which one?
RENNTECH? WESTECH OR DME?