Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First AMG GTS Oil Change & Issues! Anyone Else Experience!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT S
First AMG GTS Oil Change & Issues! Anyone Else Experience!?

Hey everyone! I picked up a 2016 AMG GTS about 3 months ago. I got it with about 3k miles on it. I know the manual says it doesn't need an oil change right now, but interested to see everyones thoughts on this. Anyone recommend an oil change at 3k miles since its the first one for a new car?

I have also a few issues I have already noticed and just dropped the car off at the dealer.

(1)The first is the wing on my Edition 1 is starting to rattle, hopefully that just involves tightening.

(2)The suspension once and awhile makes a loud popping noise. I read somewhere on here others have experienced this. I am wondering if this is an easy fix for the dealer or if anyone can provide any information I can pass along to them.

(3)I had a small white cloud of smoke that came from engine bay the other day and it smelled like oil. I took the car to the dealer and they couldn't find anything, yet they acknowledged they also smelled the oil smell. Anyone else have any ideas on this?

(4)The car has 2 software updates and 1 turbo line fix, none of which they said were critical, but wondering if anyone has had any issues before the updates and turbo line fix that ended up getting resolved after they had the work done.

(5)The brakes are starting to squeak. Even after the car has been driving for some time. I could be at a stop light, slightly move forward and you can hear the squeal. Anyone else have this issue?

Hopefully these are all things that can be taken care of and I am not in for a world of issues

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
I do not own one of these but I can only say that if it has been getting cold where you are, performance brakes tend to squeal in the cold due to the composition of the pads. My S4 squealed all the time at low speed stops in the cold and my buddy's GT-R brakes always squeal cold or warm. Just nature of the beast for pads that have great bite. You can try to bed in the brakes and see if that helps for a while.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Various AMG Models
I would join the AMG owners forum. There are a few Edition 1 owners on there with similar sounding issues.

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/private...ration/welcome
Old 02-10-2016, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 193 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
For the last week or so when I go the site I get a maintenance page:

Old 02-11-2016, 05:04 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
About the oil change, if the manual said don't need it why you want to do it? I will fallow what the manual said.
1) Make sure the sound came from the spoiler since it is a campaign about the rear door (trunk) seal, it sound like you have a door open, campaign already done in mine, everything ok now or can be a loose flapper butterfly in your exhaust system, a rattle sound, dealer will replace the exhaust system.
2) Dealers are aware about this issue, it is an easy fix, but need to be done good the first time since some other owners have do it twice, I done mine once, problem solved. took about two days in the shop.
3) no oil smell, but check for any spill, if not wait if any alarm pop
4) Funny but I feel my car faster after software upgrades, maybe just me...
5) It is Normal if you drive the car to slow or in the city, you need to accelerate couple times and brake hard couple times and problem will be solved, but if you drive slow again or in slow traffic brakes will start the sound again, GT don't like slow speeds...

GT is a nice car, Edition one is what it is, Edition one you may have some fixable issues but I am sure everything will be done in your warranty period so don't worry, believe me, I race this car to the limits (not my GTS) an they are amazing cars!
Old 02-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
E63
Had the same issues on noisy suspension and stinky oil smell.
Suspension resolved - for now, but I sense it may be coming back.
Oil smell absolutely unresolved even after countess visits to dealer.
See my thread below.
https://mbworld.org/forums/amg-gt-gt...on-dealer.html
Old 02-13-2016, 12:59 AM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
I will be changing my oil at 2500 miles... Wtf not? It won't hurt, and may actually help!

I have no rattles or smells yet. Must be an edition 1 issue.