Sponsored by:

Mars vs Jupiter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG GTS , AMG C43
Mars vs Jupiter?

I see that the 2018 red will be Jupiter, not Mars. I have not seen the two colors side-by-side. (Jupiter is already on other current models) Anyone here want to take a shot at verbalizing the difference between the two? (more orange, more black, etc.)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Petegtsv10
I see that the 2018 red will be Jupiter, not Mars. I have not seen the two colors side-by-side. (Jupiter is already on other current models) Anyone here want to take a shot at verbalizing the difference between the two? (more orange, more black, etc.)
Mars is close to Ferrari red---no metalic.

Jupiter is more....cranberry.

I personally don't like the jupiter color and would be really pissec if they dropped the color I selected and didn't give me a chance to select another option.

We're not talking Toyotas here.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:41 AM

AMG GTS , AMG C43
Originally Posted by JSwan724
Mars is close to Ferrari red---no metalic.

Jupiter is more....cranberry.

I personally don't like the jupiter color and would be really pissec if they dropped the color I selected and didn't give me a chance to select another option.

We're not talking Toyotas here.
Your response is what I wanted to hear. I'm buying either a '17 or an '18 and Mars red might just sway me to the '17 now. I want more of a red red and didn't think that's what Jupiter was.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Petegtsv10
Your response is what I wanted to hear. I'm buying either a '17 or an '18 and Mars red might just sway me to the '17 now. I want more of a red red and didn't think that's what Jupiter was.
When you get a chance, go over to your dealer and have them show you the red colors ON ANY CARS OUTSIDE AND IN THE SHADE.

Then you can be sure you get what YOU want.....the first time.

It's a personal decision....

However, if future resale/trade value is a consideration, if you press the dealer you should find out that they aren't real fond of red, some shades of blue and yellow....... They like black, white etc. The reason is that those colors sit on their lot fewer days or bring higher value at the dealer auctions.

Vic, one of the mods here can provide more professional insite that I can.

Regards

Last edited by JSwan724; 02-17-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:01 PM

AMG GTS , AMG C43
Actually, I just went to a dealer to see Mars vs Cardinal. He had a Cardinal and a Jupiter (neither a GTS), but no Mars. He said that Mars was close to Jupiter though. Mars is now my preferred red, so it looks like a 2017 is the year.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by JSwan724
When you get a chance, go over to your dealer and have them show you the red colors ON ANY CARS OUTSIDE AND IN THE SHADE.

Then you can be sure you get what YOU want.....the first time.

It's a personal decision....

However, if future resale/trade value is a consideration, if you press the dealer you should find out that they aren't real fond of red, some shades of blue and yellow....... They like black, white etc. The reason is that those colors sit on their lot fewer days or bring higher value at the dealer auctions.

Vic, one of the mods here can provide more professional insite that I can.

Regards
Red is a tough car to move or take in on trade. And while I personally love the Mars Red on the GTS and reds on other sports cars; its really a color markdown especially on higher priced items like our GTS's. White and Blacks as J Swan mentioned usually gather a better ACV on a trade. But this is all dialogue if resale matters which I don't think it does. On low low volume cars that have a heritage in red like Ferrari; its a different story.

My good friend is a GM at a larger store in SoCal and he has a solar beam yellow he cant give away. Its just such a niche color and the population that wants it is heavily reduced.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:00 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
y good friend is a GM at a larger store in SoCal and he has a solar beam yellow he cant give away. Its just such a niche color and the population that wants it is heavily reduced.
Vic, you talkin' about Foothill? Lol... they offered me over $20k off on that one 6 months ago. Its optioned way too high... they would probably dump it for $30k off at this point! Tough sell on the McDonalds colors...