Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand 2.5 help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comand 2.5 help

Does anyone know if i can run a comand 2.5 unit on a bench or does it need to be connected to the car to work?
Also does anyone have the pinouts for this unit and what the plug assignments are?

thanks

Jase
Old 03-09-2005, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Well, it "runs" on the bench. It depends what your intended purpose is on the bench. (GPS to tell you where the bench is?)

-s-
Old 03-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mcrussell
Does anyone know if i can run a comand 2.5 unit on a bench or does it need to be connected to the car to work?
Also does anyone have the pinouts for this unit and what the plug assignments are?

thanks

Jase
This is for 2.5 and 2.0
Attached Thumbnails Comand 2.5 help-comand-2.5.jpg   Comand 2.5 help-comand-pinout.gif  
Old 03-11-2005, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys, the reason i wanted to test on the bench is i dont have the car to test properly.
I fired it up yesterday and it all functions great apart from the nav, when you select it it says an error has occured, i have been told the this unit requires a link lead to go from the nav connector at the bottom to a connector in the top of the housing, does anyone know if this is correct? if so does anyone have a part no.?
I called the dealer but they wouldnt talk to me without a chassis no.

Regards

Jase
Old 03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by mcrussell
Thanks for the reply guys, the reason i wanted to test on the bench is i dont have the car to test properly.
I fired it up yesterday and it all functions great apart from the nav, when you select it it says an error has occured, i have been told the this unit requires a link lead to go from the nav connector at the bottom to a connector in the top of the housing, does anyone know if this is correct? if so does anyone have a part no.?
I called the dealer but they wouldnt talk to me without a chassis no.

Regards

Jase
Yes, the top and bottom are connected. I do not believe that part is available separately, but not sure.

-s-