Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

keychain garage door opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keychain garage door opener

Anyone know of a universal programmable keychain size garage door remote that doesn't require a new transceiver? In other words, the functions of the homelink buttons on our rear view mirrors but in a portable keychain?

All the ones I have seen have a transcveiver you must plug into your garage door system.

One remote I have seen on ebay from Remocon would do the trick except it doesn't do rolling codes. (most garage door openers are rolling codes).

My garage door opener is made by quantum, not a big name thus i need a universal one.

the homelink buttons on the car works fine, but one car will be outside the garage and if someone breaks in the car i don't want them to have access to my house also so i am going to clear the programming on that and carry a keychain remote instead.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Mik

I bought a remote controllable dead bolt a while ago. It was from some major brand like Schlage or Kwikset, and I bought it at Lowes, if I remember correctly.
It came with two little remotes that looked like the keyfobs from a car. Besides the remote control button for the door lock, it also had a programmable garage door open function, and you could also control an outlet (eg. for a lamp). I never tried it for the garage, though, so I don't know if its any good.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
92 500sel/01 320e wag
Homelink does not work unless ignition is on...
Old 08-17-2005, 03:14 PM

that's what i thought also, but on my lincoln it sure does.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:14 PM

does anyone have any experience with the remocon 600? Especially with rolling code type garage door opener?