Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

homelink garage opener problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 911 c4s cab, 2022 Lambo Urus
homelink garage opener problems

Anyone had any problems with the homelink? just tried to program the garage opener to my new house and homelink wont work.

Anyone else? any input? And yes, i did follow directions on how to do it.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had similar problem this past Tuesday night. New Garage door opener installed at house. Could program gate on one button, but when I went to program the door on the other I would lose the gate button and vice versa. I also had the book and thought I was following the directions.

I am going to try and spend a little more time and try again this weekend
Old 08-19-2005, 04:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
garage door programming

I seem to remember that you have to push the buttons on the mirror HARD.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:15 PM

2003 SL500
No problem here. I"ve programmed two buttons, the first one a normal static code (old opener) and the second one a rolling code. Both work.

I believe I just followed the instructions in the manual closely, but don't recall any special caveats, at least nothing that stuck in my mind.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:26 AM

Well it worked fine this weekend. Just went slow and by the book. reprogrammed 2 of the 3 buttons and they work fine.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:46 AM

i too had problems. Tell us exactly what happens with more details. Are you getting to the point where it flashes quickly during programming or does it just stop blinking (try newer batteries on original remote)? Does it seem like it is programmed successfully but will not open your door? Is your opener a rolling code unit (in which case you have to press a button on the garage opener itself and then press the homelink buttons a few times)?

With mine (rolling code), i programmed it successfully for one car but then after doing it for the second car, it stopped working for the first car. Did it again for the first car (just the rolling code part) and now both works. Thus, you may have to do the rolling code thing a few times.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:03 AM

MBs
Here's some help from Homelink. One thing they recommend is to use a fresh store bought battery when encountering programming problems. More:

http://www.homelink.com/home/faq.tml
Old 08-25-2005, 08:54 AM

the problem i'm running into is:

i can reset the buttons fine. The opener is an RF remote. I press the remote button and the homelink button simultaneously and i wait for the slow blinking light to turn to a fast blinking light. Done. i try the homelink...nothing. Am i doing something wrong?

I'll def try the new batteries, but doesnt it mean it's programmed when the light starts blinking fast? I tried holding another button down to see if there was a time period before it started blinking faster, but nothing happened. There was a slow blinkn for at least a minute.

So i think when i am trying to actually program the homelink, it's working.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 AM

it seems that you are not trying the rolling code instructions. your openeer probably is a rolling code, most recent ones are. you have to locate the "program" button on your garage door opener (the actual unit in your garage) and press it. you then have about 30 sec to go to your car and press the homelink button your have programmed (it may take a second or third press until you see the garage door move, each press should be about 1-2 sec long).
Old 08-25-2005, 12:28 PM

Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by superflysocal
it seems that you are not trying the rolling code instructions. your openeer probably is a rolling code, most recent ones are. you have to locate the "program" button on your garage door opener (the actual unit in your garage) and press it. you then have about 30 sec to go to your car and press the homelink button your have programmed (it may take a second or third press until you see the garage door move, each press should be about 1-2 sec long).
Yes. I had a similar problem. And, this was the solution. Turned out that my opener had to "learn" the new remote (car transmitter).
Old 08-26-2005, 06:55 PM

thanks guys i'll try it out when i get back from vacation