Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

05 E320 options activation possible after?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E320 Bluetec
05 E320 options activation possible after?

Hi All.

This is my first post here. I did a search but did not find all of the answers to the following questions:

I'm most likely going to buy a 2005 E320CDI. My dealer let me try one for an overnight test drive and there were a couple of things that bothered me (however, overall, I LOVED the car a LOT!). The things that bothered me were the "missing options." The car is too expensive for me with the nav, phone and sat radio from the factory but as I drove this car, a car that did NOT have those options, I had to look at the controls for them the whole time.

Understanding mass production I can see why it's better for MB to build them this way. . . .but that "tease" will always be there!

So my question is if any of those THREE options can be "activated" after the purchase by the owner or an aftermarket shop. The car already has a GPS unit in it (for the Telaid, no doubt) and I'm sure the screen that's in the stock car is the same one as the nav. . . is there anyway for a tinkerer to get the nav up without having it from new as a factory installed option?

Same question for the phone . . . there are steering wheel controls . . there are dashboard controls. . . what would I need, in a car that came without ANY of the phone options, to get my V710 to work in there, with or without external antenna?

Same question for the sat radio.

Thanks,

The Frugal 1
Old 10-28-2005, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Mods

[QUOTE=Frugal1]Hi All.

This is my first post here. I did a search but did not find all of the answers to the following questions:

So my question is if any of those THREE options can be "activated" after the purchase by the owner or an aftermarket shop. The car already has a GPS unit in it (for the Telaid, no doubt) and I'm sure the screen that's in the stock car is the same one as the nav. . . is there anyway for a tinkerer to get the nav up without having it from new as a factory installed option?

Same question for the phone . . . there are steering wheel controls . . there are dashboard controls. . . what would I need, in a car that came without ANY of the phone options, to get my V710 to work in there, with or without external antenna?

Same question for the sat radio.

Thanks,

Give Steve @www.mbenznl.com a try...look what he installed in my 2006 W211 E350 ..

Euro Xeons
Euro front impact inserts
Parktronic
Power folding mirrors
Euro Comand
MB Tv Tuner
Heated wood / leather Steering wheel with Leather air bag
Tire pressure monitor system
E 55 grill
Euro door pins
LED tail lights
UHI phone kit with voice control

Wired but not finished
H/K sound
Front seats with Heat/ vented/multicontour/drive dynamic/massage

see the thread here

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/124766-thank-you-mbenznl.html
Steve is the BEST!!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
All three options mentioned need equipment installed to make it work. The phone takes three black boxes to connect it to the head unit. The NAV head unit is quite different, and the satellite receiver is another black box.

Being frugal, I would order these options with the car, in almost all cases it will be less money to get them installed at the factory.

The price of the phone parts is insane. It is hard to find NAV units for 2005 cars in the afermarket, since not many new cars go to the salvage yards. The Sirius unit is an easy install, and while expensive, integrates well with the radio, displays, and wheel controls. It is invisible, as the receiver mounts in the trunk, and sends the audio over fiber optic cables.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E320 Bluetec
Thanks for the excellent advice. I really do appreciate it and will take it under advisement.