Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CLK D2B Phone System in a SLK R171

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55
CLK D2B Phone System in a SLK R171

Hey Everybody,

I just got an SLK55 and was hoping one of you guys (especially Sunil or Steve or Mik) could help me with a few questions.

I have a 2004 CLK with the phone system (OEM V60). I believe it is D2B. So the questions are;

1. Does the SLK55 (R171) use the D2B system, or has it upgraded to MOST?

2. If it does use the D2B system, can I take the phone system out of my 2004 CLK and put it into my SLK?

3. If I can't use my old V60 phone system from the CLK, what are my options? And which do you guys think is better UHI or MHI? How much should the system cost installed?

4. I'd really like satellite radio, but my dealer quoted me $1800 (for parts and labor). Does that seem right to you guys? When I had it installed for my CLK the dealer only charged me $600. Now they're saying $1800??? I'm sure the dealer is marking it up like crazy, have you guys had any experience with talking them down to a reasonable price?

5. I have the 6 disc changer in the glove blox, I know that the COMMAND plays DVD MP3s, but does the 6 disc changer in the glove box play MP3s at all (DVD or CD)?

Thanks guys, I really appriciate all your help. The SLK55 is a monster!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....51&postcount=3

Photos no less of the entire setup. Not D2B !

Late model SLK plays MP3 CD up to 99 songs. Early model release ... depends on the version of the stacker.

Last edited by benzmodz; 03-04-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:46 PM

2005 SL55
Wait so I don't get it, do I have to get the UHI system or can I just swap my old system in the CLK?
Old 03-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
1. The 171 SLK uses MOST

2. No - you cannot use your CLK D2B phone system in your MOST based SLK

3. You can go for UHI or MHI which depends on what headunit you have...eurospec headunit: UHI...US spec headunit: MHI

4. chances are big that your dealer cannot even get SAT radio receivers anymore (MOST based)...and therefore they might charge more for the units they still have (this is caused by MBUSA's decision of shipping all available MOST based SAT receivers to germany to cope with the increased demand of factory installed SAT radio)...we, however, still have 20 SAT receivers in stock (stock decreases fast though) and charge less for installed SAT radios

5. It might just be that your US SLK does not have an MP3 compatible CD changer...I once was told that the US spec SLKs did not come with MP3 capable CD changers (at least in the beginning)...I don't know wether it is still like that though

greetingz,
Old 03-04-2006, 03:42 PM

2005 SL55
If I get the MHI kit, will my Mercedes V60s be compatible with the kit?

Is the MHI the newest kit? Meaning will it be compatible with MB's Bluetooth down the line?

Can I get folding side mirrors for the R171? Are they expensive? And do you think they're woth it?

Thanks again,