Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Just Installed Comand 2.0 Controllable DVD Player

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tesla Roadster Sport
Just Installed Comand 2.0 Controllable DVD Player

I just installed a controllable dvd player for the comand 2.0 and it works great.... I had a couple problems with the Cable that was sent with the unit but I ended up re-wiring it and got it to work halfway decently. You can Fast Forward, Rewind, Stop etc, the number 1 button on the keypad turns the DVD Player off and on. I am still trying to figure out what the other numbers do and how to get some of the DVD functions to work with the Comand head unit. All in all, I am very pleased with the unit. One caveat though the DVD Player is a little too large to fit in the glove compartment, so I am trying to fabricate a swivel mount where I can swivel around the DVD Player to the side when I need to close the glove box.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little how to guide would be appreciated
Old 08-27-2006, 01:39 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
its pretty self explanatory here are some pictures

Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 PM

2010 E63
What are all the parts that are needed for this install??? Also where did you get them from?? Thanks!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:36 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
I ended up purchasing this one:

http://www.conexx.biz/shop_neu/artik...des_Navis.html

because I wanted the USB Port so I could hook up a USB device and play MP3's.

It basically comes with all the hardware you need to do the install.

You need to connect the DVD Player to the Comand wiring harness. Its pretty easy to figure out , they send you a connector that has the dvd pins already connected. I re-used my old connector because I didn't want to have to remove all the C2 cables. There is a remote input on the dvd player, you merely connect the Headphone type cable to the Multimedia Adapter and you are done. Just run the wires to where you want to install the DVD Player and connect power.

You can do all sorts of stuff, fast forward, rewind, chapter selection, I don't know how I drove without it. Plus the integrated MP3 capabilities, give the Comand a new lease on life. Definitely worth every penny.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Did you already have an AV input kit on your command, or is this thing an all in one solution? I wonder how it sends the COMMAND button outputs
Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
The kit provides you with a special AV adapter that has a remote control output which connects to the DVD players remote input. I think they do it via Oscilliscope each, comand button has a difference frequency on the oscilliscope so they find out which button has what frequency and then they match the frequencies.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Wow, how much was the damage? I really just need the unit that emits IR signals when you press COMMAND buttons
Old 09-14-2006, 02:26 PM

2010 E63
Can you post some pictures or send me some pictures of what the Screen looks like on the Comand???
Old 09-14-2006, 05:20 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
Originally Posted by jgsx
Wow, how much was the damage? I really just need the unit that emits IR signals when you press COMMAND buttons
~600 Shipped, but it looks like they have come down in price I bought mine right when they came out and it took 2 months for me to get it. That includes the DVD player etc..... I first purchased a regular Multimedia adapter but it was worthless, you had to use a remote to control the DVD player and it was a huge pain, now even the Steering wheel buttons work, so I can fast forward and what not with the steering wheel buttons. You might be able to find it cheaper on ebay.

Ill post some pictures when i get home, any specific pics? like menu items, mp3's? I am trying to install a usb port in my ashtray.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by husk323
I ended up purchasing this one:

http://www.conexx.biz/shop_neu/artik...des_Navis.html

because I wanted the USB Port so I could hook up a USB device and play MP3's.

It basically comes with all the hardware you need to do the install.

You need to connect the DVD Player to the Comand wiring harness. Its pretty easy to figure out , they send you a connector that has the dvd pins already connected. I re-used my old connector because I didn't want to have to remove all the C2 cables. There is a remote input on the dvd player, you merely connect the Headphone type cable to the Multimedia Adapter and you are done. Just run the wires to where you want to install the DVD Player and connect power.

You can do all sorts of stuff, fast forward, rewind, chapter selection, I don't know how I drove without it. Plus the integrated MP3 capabilities, give the Comand a new lease on life. Definitely worth every penny.
Too bad I don't know german. Google translation isn't good enough for what I want to find out on that site. I already have a av input system. All I want is any device that outputs different signals (voltage or IR) when I press the different buttons on my COMMAND. That kit comes with it, but i'd be buying the av input and dvd player that I wouldn't even be using
Old 09-15-2006, 01:05 AM

2010 E63
Put some pictures of the menu and the mp3's. THANKS
Old 09-15-2006, 01:10 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
Ok here are some pictures,

You have to use the provided DVD player and adapter together so I am not sure what you mean by you wouldn't be using it. Chances are the output adapter will not work with your current DVD player. The device you are looking for only comes bundled in with the special a/v adapter.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Looks like they have a microcontroller sniffing the CANbus. When it see's a button press from the wheel or the COMAND it sends a pulse train to the player. Unless you could program the microcontroller yourself, there is little chance you could use it with any other COMAND (Blaupunkt) unit, or DVD player.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by Moviela
Looks like they have a microcontroller sniffing the CANbus. When it see's a button press from the wheel or the COMAND it sends a pulse train to the player. Unless you could program the microcontroller yourself, there is little chance you could use it with any other COMAND (Blaupunkt) unit, or DVD player.
Right, I'm not trying to change that part. I would use an IR receiver hooked up to a computer that I have in the car. I just want to use those buttons.