Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Multi-Session MP3 DVD W211?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Question Multi-Session MP3 DVD W211?

Is it possible for the W211(E-Class) Euro Comand to read multisession DVD MP3s?

I burned a DVD MP3 Using Nero with about 900 MB worth of songs in about 8 folders. I choose it to be a multi-session disc before burning.

I burned 2 extra folders with about 12 tracks each today however the COMAND did not recognize them
The folders are on the DVD as I put it into my computer and it was recognized...How can i use a multi-session disc...It'd be very odd if the COMAND was unable to read the disc...and disappointing.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by smb7420
Is it possible for the W211(E-Class) Euro Comand to read multisession DVD MP3s?

I burned a DVD MP3 Using Nero with about 900 MB worth of songs in about 8 folders. I choose it to be a multi-session disc before burning.

I burned 2 extra folders with about 12 tracks each today however the COMAND did not recognize them
The folders are on the DVD as I put it into my computer and it was recognized...How can i use a multi-session disc...It'd be very odd if the COMAND was unable to read the disc...and disappointing.
Welcome to the world of the disapponted.

The Comand unlike your computer Loads the entire contents of the root disk image when you insert it. That's why it takes so long to come up.( 1 to 3 minutes.)

But this is also why you have instant access to the songs you select without the disk winding to load like it does on the computer.

A multi-session disc is possible because the computer creates virtual images of all of the sessions after the first image. The Comand will only load one image.

The reason it works on your computer of course, is because the sessions are not displayed as "virtual" images because it would confuse the OS in how it assigns the drive letter to your player. So what it does is displays all of the "virtual images" or session data as folders under a common drive designation. Make sense?

The Comand OS works completely different.

I have found it is easier to just make a new DVD is I want to add material to my existing library.

Hope this helps..
Old 02-21-2007, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Rats. That really kills much of my satisfaction...Guess multi-sessions won't work on CD-R's either.
Any nifty things on the COMAND that you enjoy?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by smb7420
Rats. That really kills much of my satisfaction...Guess multi-sessions won't work on CD-R's either.
Any nifty things on the COMAND that you enjoy?
I''ve actually been pretty content once I figured out how to make a full DVD for audio.