Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Hardwired bluetooth solution for $250

Old 08-29-2008, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hardwired bluetooth solution for $250

I put in hardwire BT in most of my cars because I got tired of forgetting to turning the portable speakerphones or headsets on or off, charging them, losing them. So I found the Parrot CK3000, it works really well in my cars except I wanted it use the steering wheel controls on my C-Class. This solution would work in many MB cars that don't have an external amp like Bose or HK. The harness that comes with the Parrot CK3000 has the correct ISO connectors but has small mistake you can fix. Check the back of your radio to see if you have the right connectors. On the C-Class radio, there are 3 seperate harness connectors, 2 have 8 pins, 1 has a lot more, maybe 16 pins.

The steering wheel adapter runs $158.95, it's called the SW101 and I got it from Howard at Quickconnect products (you can't order it online unless you are a resseller) howard@quickconnectproducts.com.

Here's the first step, buy a Parrot on ebay and make this small change to the harness. It goes in between the A and B connectors on the back of the HU. Don't worry, you can't really mess it up, the connectors look the same but are keyed differently. Use red quick splice connectors, Home Depot has them for 69 cents. Run the microphone where you want it, up by the headliner is best. Run the Parrot control module (small volume control with the green/red buttons) to a temporary place for testing only, you won't need it if you use the steering wheel buttons.

Once you have the Parrot working, you can go for the SW101. It requires 4 connections, 2 require the quick splice connectors.

Yellow wire with black stripe goes to the yellow mute wire on the Parrot, just plugs together.

Yellow goes to the mute wire (blue) on the harness you modified above using a quick splice connector. It actually just plugs into a blue wire with a bullet connector marked MUTE 2 (I think).

The next 2 wires go to the twisted pair of wires coming out of the C connector (top connector above the ones used above, the one with lots of pins), in that, the Pink wire from the SW101 goes to the brown wire with the red stripe, the Green wire from the SW101 goes to the brown wire.

There are two other wires, ignore them, purple and orange.

Unplug the small black connector going to the Parrot control module (volume knob with red/green buttons) and put it away. Plug the SW101 into where the Parrot control module was.

Turn the ignition on, the radio on and walla, after the phone connects, use the phone buttons on the steering wheel to make or accept calls. Volume buttons work phone volume. There's an instruction sheet included on how to work the Parrot using the steering wheel buttons.