Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

upgrading audio system using Audison Bit 1

Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 - V6'02 / W163 - V6'02
upgrading audio system using Audison Bit 1

hi ..... im upgrading my MB W210 (2002) sound system but want to keep original HU+CD changer as i can control them from the steering wheel.... i already got multi channel amps, satellite spkr, and a sub, just to realize that the factory HU doesnt have rca out... it only has hi/speaker output... while my amps (helix) doesnt have speaker input ..... according to the installer, if using speaker line to rca line adaptor it will mostly resulting an annoying high pitch sound distortion .. alternatively is to add an audioprocessor that has high/speaker line input .. the recommended processor is audison bit 1.... he says that beside having hi input, audison bit 1 will give a very good sound quality upgrade ...... question is ... is it a good product? anyone ever use it on MB?

appreciate if somebody can share some experience...
Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Uhm, it is a very good processor, let's just say extremely nice. I have many many many many hours with the bit1, like anything there is some room for improvement. I replaced a Rockford Fosgate 360.2 with a Bit1 and the sound quality was night and day difference.

It comes with a display that you can have them set the audio EQ for your favorite types of genres, and with a push of the button it would load that EQ setting.

The units build quality is better than anything I have seen out there, including the F#1 processor
Old 07-27-2009, 01:04 PM

wow .. so this is a highly recommended upgrade.. in fact i also have alpine PXA 701 and was arguing with my installer to just add a RUX controller for PXA701 and hook it up w/ the factory HU... but he said just like your comment .. sound quality is like night and day difference .. that's for real ya..?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
with the 701 and the 360, the sound seemed... fake or just that it was trying too hard to sound like audio, the bit1 seemed natural... now I know music is subjective to the listener but it is all that. which shop? I probably know them. Plus, I want my commission LOL

Like I said, I just added one in replace of a 360.2, the vehicle won best of show and 1st place, one of the reasons was the realistic sound system, which I believe wouldn't of placed if it wasn't for the swap of that 1 piece of gear
Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 PM

crystal clear jbondox ..... then i will trade in the pxa for bit 1 .. im in Jakarta - Indonesia, and in here the trend is more pxa users are switching to bit 1 after he let them hear bit 1 sound result .. pricey but worth buying ...that's according to my installer... and apparently you have the same opinion... very helpful... hmm.. not sure how to collect the commission ... ..

one more thing.. on bit 1 there are 2 aux inputs .. i can connect my iphone / ipod and also portable dvd player into that aux? and the source selector is on the remote?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
actually there is 4 aux inputs besides the master, 1, 2, digital optical, and digital coaxial (RCA style) it only does SPDIF, so if you use it on your DVD player make sure it just outputted 2 channel stereo, no Dolby. Source selector is on the remote like you stated

Don't know anyone in Indonesia that could help ya, sorry

did you see the new thesis amps? they plug in to the Bit1
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 AM

the new thesis looks cool .. my helix amps also give the same look of see thru amps but the sound result is off course not comparable .. hoping by installing bit 1 the sound driven by helix amps to flux speakers + focal subs would be somehow reaching the thesis quality ..heheheh... im hoping too much ..

btw .. do you know the price for thesis quattro?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C180 / W176 A45
I know that it may be too late by now, but for others considering the upgrade of the audio system, the mobridge is worth looking into. It will take the MOST output from the HU and convert it to Toslink. This can then be used as input to some amplifiers and most good processors.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Sully, last i heard it was still developmental, and to not pi55 people off, never use developmental stuff on their vehicle

Quattro is $4k USD