Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Aftermarket Speaker and Amplifier install pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by truleyblessed
I posted this problem earlier today. I installed an aftermarket amp and sub in my E350 upon connecting the power wire to the battery the car lost power and once it powered up the comand unit wouldn't put out power. I press the button the logo shows up for about 15 sec but no output. Can you help me diagnose this problem
need more info than this. how did you interface to the factory amp for signals and wire? hope you didn't cut the optical wires or remove power from the amp/audiogateway
Old 11-02-2013, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by WilliamZgura
listen to this madness, i recently purchased a 2001 CL 600, car is beautiful and runs like a rapped ape. handles great and i m just happy over all. yesterday i bought a bunch of system stuff,(i can install systems kinda) radio,amps,subs,dr n back deck spkrs, ok so a friend of mine takes everything apart then gets locked up, now i m not a fabricator n i have no idea how to mount the tv radio in were the radio goes, he cut my panel that separates the phone dial pad and radio and there is just a big hole. i got all the pieces and can put it all back but have no idea were to mount to also i have n eq that going in as well any help would b awesome sorry threads so long
friends dont let friends install. start reading online on how to install or take it to a shop. luckily you have a pretty easy vehicle to work on
Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by Og Asr
Simple Install......in my CLS63.....replaced stock speakers on doors with Focal separates in the front...and co-ax's in the rear doors. These are powered by an Alpine PDX-F4 4 channel amp.

Added a JL 500/1 and 2 10 inch Alpine Type R subs.....

Stock radio is still being utilized...except I added an Audison Bit 10 processor to control the amps....and sub control.

That looks good! nicely integrated, that's how I used to do it back in the mid 90's, no gaps on the side
Old 11-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E350
I used an output box and wired into the factory sub nothing up front was interfaced
Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E350
when I press the power button on the unit the Mercedes logo will light up but only for about 10 seconds and then go out
Old 11-08-2013, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Love the set up....the key is the Audison Bit 10 sound processor. That is the most costly part. Also paired up to Focal separates......

You tube the Audison Bit 10....and you will see how much better the stock system wakes up.
Audison Bit 10 seems to be a good unit. Focal separates are great too.
The following users liked this post:
rpr2 (12-03-2019)
Old 11-08-2013, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by truleyblessed
when I press the power button on the unit the Mercedes logo will light up but only for about 10 seconds and then go out
check fuse for audio gateway, or DVD player. you probably somehow fried the audio gateway
Old 11-08-2013, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
audison bit 10 is a great unit, along with the big brother BITone
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by jbondox
audison bit 10 is a great unit, along with the big brother BITone
Awesome. BITone is the one then; might just give it to Imagine Audio to install since I have zero spare time lately. How long do you think an installation should take?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
depends how you want it installed, and how the system is already wired up. it can take up to an hour (or more) to install it, then comes tuning. thankfully some dealers purchased a bit tune facilitating the setup process. if you like to tweak the settings,bring a usb drive so they can load the settings on it or email them to you. here is what the bit tunes replaces... though not the ears..

Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
depends how you want it installed, and how the system is already wired up. it can take up to an hour (or more) to install it, then comes tuning. thankfully some dealers purchased a bit tune facilitating the setup process. if you like to tweak the settings,bring a usb drive so they can load the settings on it or email them to you. here is what the bit tunes replaces... though not the ears..

Impressive. Sounds like a weekend job and even that may be tough for me since I'm working for a client in Boston during the week and only get to see my beloved (Benz and wife) over the weekend. Nothing to really complain about; too many exciting things planned and happening even this late in life. I would love to place a 'RETIRED' note like you on my signature, even though I'm close to eligibility, but No, too much left to do
Old 11-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X4M, G80 M3
Me in the other hand want to have a nice professional setup done but don't want to break the wallet (not sure how much these installation would cost), but I know someone who I've taken my last 2 cars since 2010 to get windows tinted, HIDs, and also did a subwoofer/amp installation to my first car with him.

I'm sure every audio pro has 2 ways to do things (the right long professional way) or the easier/shortest time (sometimes not the best for quality). I still have my Kicker 12" L7 sub in its oem ported box (might be too big for my C class trunk not sure) that i had in my Cadillac w/ a Hifonicz Brutuz mono amp both barely used and been stored for a year now since i didnt want to use it in my last car and just got this MB not too long ago. So I suppose when I take it to get the windows tinted will ask him how he would be able to add the sub/mono amp and possibly replacing the speakers with focal like majority of you guys have been doing.

I recall in my Cadillac STS him converting the line output in the trunk, there was some type of converter (no capacitor) that he was able to get juice out of it to then have a wire going to the amp + giving it power, I wasn't able to control the bass anymore from the NAV but my amp had a remote wire that i ran to the front to lower or raise the level.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
retired isnt what i thought it would be, moving on to another career soon. i know why people die after retiring... boredom! I remodeled so much stuff in the house and yard and without extra extra income, you will be limited, plus trying to buy a new house and car... forget it without employment, they could care less if you are retired unless you are raking in $10k a month.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
retired isnt what i thought it would be, moving on to another career soon. i know why people die after retiring... boredom! I remodeled so much stuff in the house and yard and without extra extra income, you will be limited, plus trying to buy a new house and car... forget it without employment, they could care less if you are retired unless you are raking in $10k a month.
You are certainly not kidding about it. My daughter finally persuaded us to move to the NW near BC Canada so we can visit them frequently. I built a dream home in NJ and now have to build yet another dream home in WA. Despite being empty nesters, the next house will be even bigger and a super dream home and since my rejuvenated passion to bowl, this one will have two bowling lanes too (local alleys close at 9pm; that was my excuse). Retiring is out of the question now; just as recently as this August, I thought I was done with building anything new.

Below is a view from the property; wife fell in love with it. I don't think I'll be buying the new E63 now. What the heck, the 2016 model may be even better; but where's the time to drive these vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Speaker and Amplifier install pictures-dsc_1489-1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
watch out for the bait and switch of "the beautiful Northwest" I lasted a year in Portland going from Fl the "sunshine State" to the land of gloom, sure it was nice when I visited, but when I moved there... screw that. Almost pulled the trigger to building a log home by MT. Hood, than reality struck in, rain... and that is a volcano... back to FL I went
Old 11-15-2013, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
watch out for the bait and switch of "the beautiful Northwest" I lasted a year in Portland going from Fl the "sunshine State" to the land of gloom, sure it was nice when I visited, but when I moved there... screw that. Almost pulled the trigger to building a log home by MT. Hood, than reality struck in, rain... and that is a volcano... back to FL I went
I'm completely aware but want to be close to my daughter and grandchild and perhaps soon grandchildren. I hate the rain and also don't like snow either but...daughter lives in Whistler BC, the ski resort and they love skiing.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by Cypher94
Anyone ever use the MoBridge? It takes the fiber optic line and converts it to an RCA. You basically bypass the Logic 7 and can run multiple amps. Factory head unit no longer cuts bass at half volume
Bump on the feedback from using MoBridge !

afaik there 's a MoBridge DA1 with just an optic toslink output. It's good for downtream connection of a Bit1 but unfortunately not good for me, as I just would need one pair RCA to feed my MS-8 and see what difference at getting the signal directly from optic ..

seems there's also a DA2 with 8 pre outs and additional functions, but the mobridge website does not recommend any downstream connection to additional processors..

if I could find a D/A converter to get two RCA channels from MoBridge DA1, I would give it a try !
Old 04-23-2014, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
Further upgrades: Installed Focal KRX-2's both front and rear door speakers today. Next week installing JL Audio CL-SSI & CL441dsp CleanSweep replacing the line leveler; these were long overdue and will do justice to the Focals.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS 63 amg
Originally Posted by pinebaron
Further upgrades: Installed Focal KRX-2's both front and rear door speakers today. Next week installing JL Audio CL-SSI & CL441dsp CleanSweep replacing the line leveler; these were long overdue and will do justice to the Focals.
I would still think about the Audison Bit 10 over the JL Audio CL-SSI and Clean Sweep....just my opinion.

The sound quality with the Audison is just superb.

Don't get me wrong...I love JL Audio....but for mainly bass..lol.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
I would still think about the Audison Bit 10 over the JL Audio CL-SSI and Clean Sweep....just my opinion.

The sound quality with the Audison is just superb.

Don't get me wrong...I love JL Audio....but for mainly bass..lol.
I'd install a Bit One in a heartbeat if it did not 'apparently' override OEM controls. The video shows need of DRC remote used to control volume, phone etc. I want nothing up front, nothing to take away from OEM controls.

Anyone know if Bit One can be used without its DRC?

A little subsequent research showed mixed reviews about the Bit One. I'll let Imagine Audio do their thing with the JL stuff then I'll decide if I like it; they also installed the Focals. I know this was my DIY thread but don't have much time for DIY just now. I can always change the processor any time. By the way I'm not keen on too much bass, don't care much for the boom boom. The Focals sound really good even now but looking forward to next week.

Last edited by pinebaron; 04-24-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 F15 M, '06 E55, '20 Highlander, '18 M550
I'd install a Bit One in a heartbeat if it did not 'apparently' override OEM controls. The video shows need of DRC remote used to control volume, phone etc. I want nothing up front, nothing to take away from OEM controls.

A little subsequent research showed mixed reviews about the Bit One. I'll let Imagine Audio do their thing with the JL stuff then I'll decide if I like it; they also installed the Focals. I know this was my DIY thread but don't have much time for DIY just now. I can always change the processor any time. By the way I'm not keen on too much bass, don't care much for the boom boom. The Focals sound really good even now but looking forward to next week.
Helix DSP or Mosconi 4to6/6to8 are Very powerful processors and do not need a new primary control. However, all of these will only serve minimal purposes if you are not planning on an active setup. Much more flexibility than stock, but you would be utilizing a small percentage of their capabilities.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 AM

2008 CLS 63 amg

I have the Audison Bit 10 in my cls 63.....full OEM controls. I just added the DRC so I can turn "OFF" the subs if I feel like it. Also it lets me switch between 2 saved settings for listening pleasure.

Everything else is working from the OEM command unit...navigation etc....

The Bit 10 was designed for stock oem radios.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 AM

2008 CLS 63 amg

I'm into boom booom....but not in this car. This car has simple clean sound that I can make it boom...if I turn up the subs lol....but with the DRC controlling my sub level.....I can adjust on the fly to however loud I want my subs to sound.

You have to remember....Audison Bit 10...coverts an analog signal to digital signal.......which is why I'm running the Alpine PDX series 4 channel amp to power my Focals as well.

Everyone has a preference......but one of my friends has that JL set up...and after listening to mine....he tossed that one...and went with the Audision Bit 10 as well.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:39 AM

2008 CLS 63 amg

Audison Bit One - Designed for non OEM Radios

Audison Bit 10 - Designed for OEM Radios

2 different units with same sound quality......I still control volume from my OEM Command Radio. DRC was only installed for me to control sub woofer volume control...or turn it off completely if I just wanted to hear the separates in the car.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
Audison Bit One - Designed for non OEM Radios

Audison Bit 10 - Designed for OEM Radios

2 different units with same sound quality......I still control volume from my OEM Command Radio. DRC was only installed for me to control sub woofer volume control...or turn it off completely if I just wanted to hear the separates in the car.
Awesome. I took the hint. Just called Imagine Audio and asked them to install Bit 10 instead of JL. l have to listen to you guys who have first hand experience. I'd have ended up with JL spares.
And also confirmed I don't need to install DRC. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Speaker and Amplifier install pictures