Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

d2b problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C-Class
d2b problem?

OK, I am still having problems with my installation kit on my 2002 c240. I believe it may be a d2b problem. I plugged in the open d2b plug in the trunk into the PSE unit (all other connections seem to be correct.) I still have message 'NO PHONE.' So I try unplugging the Bose amp d2b connector and plug that into the PSE unit. This works, but of course I do not have audio. So is there a d2b loop problem with the open connector? Am I missing something? I checked the service diagnostics (mute, #1, #3,) and all d2b connections match. I also checked the phone line in the back of the head unit and that is also correct. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240 2002
Re: d2b problem?

Originally posted by jersey44
OK, I am still having problems with my installation kit on my 2002 c240. I believe it may be a d2b problem. I plugged in the open d2b plug in the trunk into the PSE unit (all other connections seem to be correct.) I still have message 'NO PHONE.' So I try unplugging the Bose amp d2b connector and plug that into the PSE unit. This works, but of course I do not have audio. So is there a d2b loop problem with the open connector? Am I missing something? I checked the service diagnostics (mute, #1, #3,) and all d2b connections match. I also checked the phone line in the back of the head unit and that is also correct. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
I don't know if this might be what is causing your problem, but you can check. The d2b connector in the trunk is not wired into the fiber optic loop by default. If it was, you wouldn't have a complete loop and your audio system wouldn't work.

You need to remove the dash panel that houses your radio/headunit and wire the phone fiber into the loop, e.g., head-unit out fiber into the phone in fiber, etc.

Dick Gleason