Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Opti-1 Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 clk320
In general its sounds good. But when the vehicle is not running, I can hear some low volume hiss in the background. I don't think you can hear it when the motor is running. Can we make the hiss go away? Thanks!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
did you take the factory radio out while in AM mode and the steering wheel controls in the audio menu on the cluster?

What radio are you using?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:53 PM

1998 clk320
Originally Posted by jbondox
did you take the factory radio out while in AM mode and the steering wheel controls in the audio menu on the cluster?

What radio are you using?
It was in AM. But the steering controls may not be on Audio. I put in a JVC KW-v21bt. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 AM

2008 CLK350
2008 CLK350

Hi!

I want to swap out the COMAND head unit on my 2008 CLK350 convertible. I find its usability is awful and the audio output is less than desirable (amplitude. Fidelity is okay). Is the OPTI-1 compatie? What head unit would you suggest? I'm partial to Kenwood or Pioneer. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius as well.

I am glad you like it, I can't believe future shops hitting you over the head like that, that is pretty ridiculous price. I wish I knew more people up your way to have the install completed for a more realistic price.

unfortunately, the aftermarket radios don't have a data wire output, so we can do things like fade, and display info in the cluster. Some marine units do, though I have really yet to see an aftermarket multimedia NAV marine unit.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
there will be one out very shortly for your vehicle
Old 12-02-2016, 11:05 AM

GLC300
Originally Posted by tgee
In general its sounds good. But when the vehicle is not running, I can hear some low volume hiss in the background. I don't think you can hear it when the motor is running. Can we make the hiss go away? Thanks!
Did you make the hiss go away? I'm having the exact same problem in my SL.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
you can try calling navtv and see if they have an alternate software file where they lower the gain output of the amp. I know it was being looked at a few years ago but I never followed up with them.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:05 AM

GLC300
you can try calling navtv and see if they have an alternate software file where they lower the gain output of the amp. I know it was being looked at a few years ago but I never followed up with them.
I called NavTV this morning. The only way to reduce the gain is to reconnect the factory unit and lower the volume. I'll make an appointment to go back to the installer, but it might be a few weeks. If anyone's interested, I'll post an update.