Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

How do I remove the phone cradle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY12 C63 P/P
How do I remove the phone cradle?

Hi,

This seems like a bit of a stupid question but how do I remove the phone cradle from the center armrest area?

I can remove one torx screw (pictured with the screwdriver) but that only seems to loosen the two sections of the cradle.

The button on the side seems to only allow it to flip up and the little button next to the phone connector seems to do very little to be honest (I can't seem to move the cradle any differently when it's depressed).

I'm sure I'm missing something here but am nearly out of ideas and it'd be quite a useful storage compartment if I could take the cradle out.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails How do I remove the phone cradle?-img_00000352-small.jpg   How do I remove the phone cradle?-img_00000353-small.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Congrats on the car
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM

MY12 C63 P/P
Originally Posted by mr747
Congrats on the car
Thanks mate... it's a lot of fun so far!
I'll get some pics up shortly - as soon as I figure out how to remove this annoying phone cradle!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 AM

MY12 C63 P/P
Has anyone removed the phone cradle before?
I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks this is a waste of a good storage area.

Thanks in advance...
Old 08-03-2015, 04:44 PM

Mercedes C250 AMG Sport
Hey RATE. Did you ever figure out how to do this? I want to remove mine.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:13 PM

C-Class 2011
Up! Has anybody figured it out?
Old 06-02-2016, 12:38 PM

e-Class Coupe
At the risk of updating a very old thread...I have the same issue, can anyone offer any advice on the way to remove this to free up the space?*thanks.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:55 PM

Mercedes A Class
Originally Posted by Rate
Hi,

This seems like a bit of a stupid question but how do I remove the phone cradle from the center armrest area?

I can remove one torx screw (pictured with the screwdriver) but that only seems to loosen the two sections of the cradle.

The button on the side seems to only allow it to flip up and the little button next to the phone connector seems to do very little to be honest (I can't seem to move the cradle any differently when it's depressed).

I'm sure I'm missing something here but am nearly out of ideas and it'd be quite a useful storage compartment if I could take the cradle out.

Thanks in advance.
So did you figure it out?
Old 02-25-2020, 08:54 AM

E250
did anyone work this out? I'm also looking to remove from my E250
Old 05-27-2020, 12:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W212
Convenience comfort telephony removal

Hey, so I managed to remove mine somehow. I have to say that there are different cradles so maybe they are removed differently. Mine is different from the one from this thread, as mine does not have the usb/media interface hubs. Anyway, I added some photos after I took it out in the hope that it would be helpful.
You can do it without any tools, but maybe some plastic prying tools could be helpful.
First off, you should grab the cradle from the middle and push it towards the end of the car, that way the small tab in the front will pop out.
Next, still holding the cradle from the middle, pull it to the right of the car,( whilst also pushing to the end if needed), and this way the front left clip will come out.
Then, you'll basically have to do the same thing, pull to right, but for the back tab. Mine was pretty stuck there and had to use some force. I also pushed it downwards with some force and it just completely popped out, and then all the tabs were out.
Last thing you need to do is to unclip the cables and you are done.
Here's a video I found about this
Covering the front and the back of the compartment with something could prevent it from being scratched by the small tabs from the cradle.

LATER IMPORTANT EDIT!!
For some reason my phone will not reconnect automatically to the car's bluetooth. I've read a lot of posts and found that some people had this exact same issue, so if you want to remove the cradle, remove only the support, leave the adapter itself and the cables untouched and unplugged...

Last edited by benidB; 05-31-2020 at 01:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
stin_212 (08-02-2021)