Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W245 Harman Kardon, No Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 B200 CDI SE CVT
W245 Harman Kardon, No Sound

Hi All

I am new to owning a Mercedes Car and bought one as it had all the space I needed with a baby coming in Feb 2015! I did not realise when I bought it that it had a monstrously complex Harman Kardon speaker system with a boot mounted amp. I found the sound was not working and so tried all the tips i've seen such as removing the fuse, taking the battery off etc and nothing happened. This afternoon with a Auto electrician we took the head unit and amp out and noticed that there is no light passing down one of the 2 optical cables. Given that neither of us have access to WIS or STAR we are now stumped. It has the in car phone caddy in the arm rest and the iphone lead in the glove box. I've read that the optical system is in series but am pretty much baffled by it all.

The car is a Nov 2007 W245 B200 CVT SE CDI

Given that the head unit and amp seem alive what can I do to link up the amp to the head unit without having all the other stuff in the way of it?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks