Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sirius XM - Discount Available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 S550,E320 CDI, 911 Turbo 964
Lightbulb Sirius XM - Discount Available

So a couple of factors aligned to get me interested in Sirius satellite radio. I'm waiting for my iPod cables, don't have any CDs with me now, tired of all of the commercials on FM and Sirius lured me in with their current free period offering.

So looking into it I found 3 levels of available programming. I'm not interested in the talk shows so I followed through with the lowest priced "Mostly Music" package. Then I saw that they offer their programming on the internet, which would be cool for my office computer, and that was an extra $4 a month. When all was said and done the $120 annual fee, the internet option and the hookup and initiation fees brought the total to just over $200.

So I thought before I pull the trigger on that let me Google a bit and see if there is a better deal out there. Lo and behold I found this link:
http://www.spoofee.com/how-to-get-a-...6#.VNpqyvnF9MV

Called the number 1-888-601-6302 , ended up purchasing the Sirius All Access package, which includes every station plus the internet option, out the door for $136

One more thing, they want you to sign up for automatic rebilling at the end of the year, but you don't need to do that, just request "one time payment". That way I can determine, at the end of the year, if I still want the full enchilada package.

I have no affiliation with Sirius XM
Old 02-14-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
When I went to that link Microsoft Security Essentials popped a security warning that the page was trying install something harmful to my PC.

Do you have a factory Sat receiver in your car or are using another solution?
Old 02-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Factory receiver. Sorry about the link, the only pertinent information on it is the price and the telephone number to call.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 Sport
My trial subscription just ran out.

Got a call today from Mercedes Benz on behalf of Sirius XM.

I said, "who do you work for?" Silence. "I am calling from Mercedes Benz . . .", I said that does not answer my question.

"Well I work for Sirius XM, but I am calling on behalf of Mercedes Benz . . ."

He proceeds to read his script, pretends to offer me a super special deal that not only is different than the three offers I have already received in the mail, they are all different than what is on their website.

"Well I can honor any of the mail offers you have gotten", so I ask, "why was your 'offer' today more than double what the last mail offer was and why do all these offers differ from your website?"

Silence.

"We just read the offers we are given . . . "

I wonder if Mercedes Benz is ok with them pretending to work for Mercedes while trying to scam its new car buyers?

After the recent FCC fine of 3.9 million dollars for billing practices, deceptive offers and renewals that were not authorized, I want nothing to do with this scam organization.

If you have this service and like it then good for you. I cannot see myself ever paying for it.

The sad thing for them is that I want the traffic and weather service but that is not part of the special discount offers and cannot be easily priced out, at least according to what I was told in this wonderful phone call.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:15 PM

beshannon that would make me wonder too. How do you know if you're getting a good deal or not? It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

However the content is great. I like the variety and lack of commercials.