Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Not enough power to subwoofer w210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl amg
Not enough power to subwoofer w210

Recently updated my HU to a alpine and added a amp and sub with ported box along with original bose system. Everything is working well but my sub isn't as loud or the bass/bump is low. Turned up the sub volume on the HU and amp and it didn't make a difference. Anyone here had the same problem with installing a amp and sub on w210? Any solution or tips?
Old 03-29-2015, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
what amp? where's the sub? what type? I forget but isnt your trunk sealed from the interior cabin? the later 210's had a sub, does yours?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:38 AM

sl amg
Originally Posted by jbondox
what amp? where's the sub? what type? I forget but isnt your trunk sealed from the interior cabin? the later 210's had a sub, does yours?
Yes the w210 came with stock Bose system including Amp and sub.. Since I went with an aftermarket apline headunit I also added an extra bazooka amp and 1 10" mtx sub with a ported box for additional bass straight from the alpine headunit but the mtx sub is not as loud and sounds like it's at minimal volume. I tried adjusting the sub volume from the HU and bazooka amp as well.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:12 PM

E430 4-Matic and E320 4-Matic Station Wagon
Originally Posted by eurospec2
Recently updated my HU to a alpine and added a amp and sub with ported box along with original bose system. Everything is working well but my sub isn't as loud or the bass/bump is low. Turned up the sub volume on the HU and amp and it didn't make a difference. Anyone here had the same problem with installing a amp and sub on w210? Any solution or tips?
I'm assuming the amp is wired directly to the RCA preamp outputs on the HU? There really shouldnt be any issues then.

These car's produce ludicrous amounts of electrical power (150amp alternator + 95AH battery) which should be more than enough to power your amp/sub. How big is your power wire to the amp? Is the power coming straight from the battery? Does your amp have a remote turn on?