Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

How do I enable Sirius on my radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
How do I enable Sirius on my radio

Hi folks,

For some reason, there is no choice for my sat radio on my radio. It only has the option for AM, FM, Weather, CD or AUX. Sirius was not able to enable my radio remotely and suggested i go to the dealer to see if my sat radio is installed. Although I am in an extended warranty, the dealer threatened to charge $300 and indirectly accused me of modifying my stereo. I assure you, its all stock. nothing on my car modified. I am the first owner as well.

Three months later...Today, i was messing around with the engineering mode and found myself in Sirius. It was playing music! So obviously i have Sirius in my radio. I figured it has something to do with enabling the choice on my radio.

How do I get it as an option in my radio? Hope this blabbering makes sense.

Thanks

2009 C350
I have the basic radio without GPS/DVD, command center, etc.

Last edited by HawaiianC350; 03-29-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
take back to dealership say you were listening to Sirius on the way home, turned the car off to get gas, came back Sirius didn't work.

that's all they need to know
Old 03-29-2015, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
but I am with them, it doesn't disappear and if you know the engineering menu, i would charge you also... just saying
Old 03-29-2015, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by jbondox
but I am with them, it doesn't disappear and if you know the engineering menu, i would charge you also... just saying

Thanks for the quick response and advise. I will probably take it to another dealer.

Just to be clear: When i took it to the dealer three months ago, I knew nothing of the engineering menu. I just figured Sirius was not installed in my car, even though my sticker said it was.

Its amazing how different they treat me when my factory warranty expired. Earlier, they had no problems installing my ipod cable and radio amplifier. Two weeks into my extended warranty, they threatened to charge $300 to "look" at my radio. I know it has to be covered under my extended warranty under electrical. that's when the accused me of installing non oem radio and trying to install my old radio back. (what a stupid accusation)

I just found out about the engineering menu this morning and decided to check it out. that's when i was shocked to find Sirius hidden and working in my radio.

Last edited by HawaiianC350; 03-29-2015 at 09:00 PM.