Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Strange request: pull the bluetooth module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 2014
Strange request: pull the bluetooth module

OK, some of you guys are going to laugh at this one. But I'm sensitive to radiation and I want to pull out (or de-power) the bluetooth module or bluetooth transceiver in my 2014 CLA. I'm guessing it radiates RF even when no phone is paired because I feel it whenever the car is running.

Anyone have any idea where I can start with this? TIA guys
Old 04-26-2015, 01:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
There is more ambient radiation from other sources like: Radio stations, Satellite transmitters, microwaves, etc than any puny Bluetooth transmitter. You could try hypnotism or shock therapy...
Old 04-27-2015, 02:03 PM

CLA 2014
Factually wrong

You are factually wrong. I have a radiation meter for Gigahertz frequencies.

Your satellite that is about 20,000 miles away has less intensity by a factor of 1,225,000,000,000,000 times than a bluetooth transceiver 3 feet away at the same power. Can you count the number zeros? That's the factor you are wrong by.

Your sources of radiation are extremely far away and radiation decreases in intensity by the square of the distance. IOW it falls very rapidly.

And it's not just intensity. Frequency counts too. Ghz frequencies affect cell DNA in a much greater way than Mhz that radio typically emits.

Already, some countries like Canada and France have banned wi-fi in schools and libraries for this reason.

Do some research and be civil enough to keep silent about things you don't know much about.

If you want to continue arguing I will not be getting in to any arguments with you. I'm here to see if someone has a solution. I am not here to argue and put other people down.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:53 PM

2011 E350 Cabriolet
OK Einstein lets consider a typical KU band broadcast satellite like SiriusXM or DirecTV which DOES operate at a frequency of between 12-18 Gigahertz. There is one at each 1/10 of a degree longitude which means that at least 150 birds are sending their little spikey waves into your brain at any time. And not to feed your neurosis any further that doesn't include the massive number of GPS satellites or that 100,000 watt radio station antenna you're driving past that operates on multiple frequencies including harmonics that extend out way into the Gigahertz band. Apparently all those radio waves have already affected your cognitive skills
Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Come on guys - play nice
Old 05-01-2015, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
LMAO that is great Hillcreative, thanks for the laugh today. we can add the transmitters from the dark side of the moon also while you are at
Old 05-02-2015, 02:40 PM

CLA 2014
@hillcreative So you want to argue with a meter reading? IOW we should ignore the meter reading and accept your armchair arguments?

Only a dimwit would argue with a meter reading. Man you are so full of yourself.

You haven't the basic mental capacity to see the difference between a fact (the meter reading) and your armchair opinion. I asked you to be civil. You couldn't. You have no civility, no culture, no upbringing and no tolerance. At all. What's more disgusting is you have no style or class. You don't even understand the word dignity so I won't go there.

If you are man enough, face the facts and apologize for being a jerk for no reason at all. But I doubt you are man enough to face the truth, so having the grace to apologize is expecting too much. You are the coward that hides behind his keyboard looking for people to cyber bully. On topics you are clueless about.

You don't scare me at all, cyber bully.

Now let me PREDICT: We will hear some more Creative arguments from Mr. Over-the-hill. None of these arguments will have anything to do with actual facts and measurements. It's not his fault: he forgot to put sun tan lotion at the back of his neck before he put the top down on his cabriolet. (And you guessed it -- he can't pronounce Cabriolet).

Is my prediction right, Mr. over-the-hill with "Creative" facts? Yes, you will still argue with a meter reading. Which only a dimwit would. Let it on, hillcreative. Let's see what a fool you make of yourself. Go ahead and argue with facts. Who cares? I already contacted MB and they gave me a solution which I will post the next time.

Should I send you some lotion to put on the back of your neck? We don't care about you. It's embarrassing for other MB owners that you be seen like that. Get it?

Now go cyber bully someone else.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:10 PM

2011 E350 Cabriolet
Ouch... I doo two no how to pronounce Cabernet!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
LMAO... you're a bad man Hillcreative!!! but for a simple solution, take the COMAND out, and apart, and look for the BT chip. find the chip p/n. Google, and look for V+ on the diagram and with a scalpel blade cut the pin. This might throw a fault on boot up of the COMAND

You might be able to send your request to mbusa customer care services who can than send to tech Germany, who can than most likely provide an update to the dealership to disable the BT
Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by SidRed
@hillcreative So you want to argue with a meter reading? IOW we should ignore the meter reading and accept your armchair arguments?

Only a dimwit would argue with a meter reading. Man you are so full of yourself.

You haven't the basic mental capacity to see the difference between a fact (the meter reading) and your armchair opinion. I asked you to be civil. You couldn't. You have no civility, no culture, no upbringing and no tolerance. At all. What's more disgusting is you have no style or class. You don't even understand the word dignity so I won't go there.

If you are man enough, face the facts and apologize for being a jerk for no reason at all. But I doubt you are man enough to face the truth, so having the grace to apologize is expecting too much. You are the coward that hides behind his keyboard looking for people to cyber bully. On topics you are clueless about.

You don't scare me at all, cyber bully.

Now let me PREDICT: We will hear some more Creative arguments from Mr. Over-the-hill. None of these arguments will have anything to do with actual facts and measurements. It's not his fault: he forgot to put sun tan lotion at the back of his neck before he put the top down on his cabriolet. (And you guessed it -- he can't pronounce Cabriolet).

Is my prediction right, Mr. over-the-hill with "Creative" facts? Yes, you will still argue with a meter reading. Which only a dimwit would. Let it on, hillcreative. Let's see what a fool you make of yourself. Go ahead and argue with facts. Who cares? I already contacted MB and they gave me a solution which I will post the next time.

Should I send you some lotion to put on the back of your neck? We don't care about you. It's embarrassing for other MB owners that you be seen like that. Get it?

Now go cyber bully someone else.
uhmmm now you are cyber bullying!
Old 05-03-2015, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I'm not going to discuss the number of zeros but for whatever reason if one wants to switch bluetooth off, it isn't more complicated than entering the head unit system settings menu and removing the tick from bluetooth settings.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Or you can do as Diesel Benz said... yep, I dumb