Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Speakers/iPod Jack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350 Sport
Speakers/iPod Jack

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and to the Mercedes world. I recently got stationed overseas in Germany and bought a US Spec 2009 Mercedes C350 Sport. I'm wondering if there is an upgraded iPod cable in the glove box that will work with a 4th Generation iPod touch. I know there have been similar posts about this I found when GOOGLEING, but none were that helpful and they were dated some years back. I was also wondering if there is any cables that allow your screen to display the music content from your iPod?

Lastly, I was looking to purchase some aftermarket speakers for the car. Crutchfield seems to only have front door speakers. Can anyone provide me with the speaker lay out and sizes of them throughout the car? The manual is useless in this area. Sorry for being a newb and asking all this stuff.

Thanks for any help given,

Ryan
Old 05-21-2015, 06:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 E300, 2017 C300
I have a 2010 E350 coupe. It came with the original style Apple cable with the wider plug which worked with my iPhone 4s. When I upgraded my phone to a 5s I also purchased an iPod Nano. Both my new phone and my iPod accept only the new smaller lightning plug. I borrowed a new Mercedes cable with the lightning plug but it did not work. I then purchased an official Apple adapter that accepts the plug of the old style cable and has the lightning plug to fit into my iPod. Make sure you purchase an officiial Apple adapter. The aftermarket adapters do not work with the cable system in the Mercedes.

I can see the iPod playlist on my Nav screen.

Sorry I cannot offer any advice on speakers.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by bmeck2003; 05-21-2015 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Incomplete reply