Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Low volume isues with AUX input - iPod integration kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350
Smile Low volume isues with AUX input - iPod integration kit

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I installed an iPod integration kit (Part #6-7-82-4238) in my 2006 E350 in April 2015. No small feat. MB Star Tech instructions were poor, so I went to U-Tube: '99 Yacht' gave detailed and accurate instructions, and helped me get this kit installed. (wiring runs to the 'Sam' unit in the trunk, to the power supply under the dash and the'Command' unit itself.)

Like many on these forums, I was happy to be able to listen to music stored on my iPod, but on a volume scale of 1 to 10; I was only able to get a 5 or 6 on the volume, even with the iPod unit volume up all the way.

I read about the firmware update to solve this issue, but with labor rates at$150/hr, and the general lack of any MB tech knowing anything about the issue, I purchased the $75 iPod in-line amplifier (Part #204-870-39-94) and I am pleased to say it works! (The amplifier plugs into the 'ethernet-type'connector between the black box -about 4" x 3" x 1" thick- andt he 30 pin iPod cord.)

Other important notes: older iPods will not charge with this set up. You will need a 30 pin 'Soche' (brand) voltage converter, that lowers the line voltage from 12 to 5 volts.

I took this a step further and added a 30 pin, 2' extension cord (#1 131 1555HC1) from cyberguys.com (Most cheap cords from Amazon don't work, so I paid the $22 for this one.) This allowed me to stash the chain of adaptors under my shifter (secured with zipwire ties) and run the male end of the extension into the cup holder area inthe console, after drilling a hole with small relief to get the 30 pin cord through.

Then I decided to go bluetooth. Bought an ALURATEK 30 pin bluetooth audio receiver on Amazon. It works on the lower voltage. This also works with my Android phone, and I now have a wide range of listening options from music on my iPod, to Pandora & Spotify through my phone.

Last edited by dmondee; 08-20-2015 at 12:53 PM.