Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

The Logic 7 System on my 2011 Is Terrible!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 C230 Kompressor; 2005 C230 Kompressor; 2009 C300 4 Matic; 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic Black on Black
The Logic 7 System on my 2011 Is Terrible!

I must say, the HK Logic 7 system is crap!

The sub and mid-bass drivers are all under dampened. There's way-way to much mid-range energy in the vehicle and the tweeter sound bargain basement specials, absolute poor timbre...

I like the head end interface, but the sound is highly compressed, and full of peaks and nulls...

I don't wish to remove the factory interface of add a massive compliment of amplifiers, new speakers and subs, but I will if I have to.

I just ordered a small but featured packed amplifier from Audiotech Fisher the P Six DSP... I stalled it this past weekend and have been spending parts of my evenings since, calibrating the system. I must share that while the system sound much-much better, it's mile from being hi-end...

I just picked up a set of Focal 165KVX2's... I'll be installing them this coming weekend. I also ordered 4-dayton LFE pucks... I am going to attempt to develop a satisfactory system without using a sub... but again I will if I am forced to...

Some of you may be interested to know that I got rid of the rear deck rattle in under a minute and for under a dollar. If any one is interested in how, let me know and I'll share.

Cheers, I'll keep you posted as the system progresses...
Old 10-09-2015, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
You're spot on about the HK's shortfalls. Try the Audison Prima 8.9. It'll get you where you want to be and have you loving the car. See the write up in the link in my sig.