Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMAND Radio Controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350
COMAND Radio Controls

On our 2012 ML, my pre-sets had a station set from each category I liked. For example, I could click 6 for news and then use the dial to scroll through the news stations.
We now have a 2016 GLE and I can no longer do that. The dial, the arrow buttons, the mousepad, etc. just scroll through the presets - which I don't need them to do b/c I could just press the buttons I programmed for the presets.
I'm just wondering if I am missing something. Is there a simple way to scroll through a category like there was before? I don't want to have to go through options, etc... - that takes my eyes off the road too much.
And while I'm here - I used to be able to just press a number and it would automatically go to that preset. Now there's a pause like it's waiting for you to press another number for a channel before it will change. Is there no longer an automatic switch? That was just handy to change the station quickly before the kids heard something they shouldn't. ;-)
I love everything about the new car - these were just very convenient they way they were before and it seems like they took two steps backwards here..
Thank you for any help you can give.