Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Is it possible to upgrade factory speaker system to HK speaker system on 2012 GLK?

Old 11-26-2015, 06:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GLK 350
Is it possible to upgrade factory speaker system to HK speaker system on 2012 GLK?

glk has the option to upgrade to HK speaker system. But as the second owner i was wondering if i can do the upgrade on my vehicle. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Yikes! It's hard to imagine a system that sounds so bad the HK speakers would be an upgrade. They're pretty thin and hollow sounding. You'd probably be happier with almost any brand of aftermarket speakers.

The trick is to find out what size speakers the car takes. Try www.crutchfield.com, enter your vehicle info and it should show you speakers that fit your car.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 212 Likes on 194 Posts
2013 glk 350
I did two pair Hertz 165xl, a JL powered sub, Audison 8.9 and Bit DMI optical converter. This blows away the HK. For the BIT DMI you need someone that will reprogram the audio 20, my Mercedes dealership would not do it, luckily Mercedes recommended an aftermarket shop. Even a good set of speakers and resetting the Parametric EQ in the Maintenance program make a big difference . Mercedes has the hidden Parametric EQ set to what I consider bland. Or basically flat. If you go the speaker route, pick an efficient unit or a power amp will be mandatory . It can get expensive real fast!