Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Mercedes C55
Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo

I have a 2006 C55 and my COMAND unit stopped working recently, only the Mercedes-Benz logo shows when I use it, I can only adjust the volume and nothing else. I reset the unit a number of times pulling the relay, but no luck. I decided to buy an aftermarket Sony stereo and also the Axxess steering interface and the Metra AX-ADXSV-MB2 stereo harness. After I pulled my Comand unit A203 870 11 89, I noticed that there are not enough wires coming from the car to connect the aftermarket stereo. The steering wheel interface is the only thing working, and there are wires missing for the speakers and the aftermarket unit. The wires are on the Metra adapter, but there is nothing coming from the car, wires such as: white, white/black, gray, gray/black, green, green/black, purple, purple/black, orange/white, red, yellow.

Any help would be appreciated. I would hate to put everything back to original, even if I buy a used COMAND unit God knows how long it will last. The phone is disabled for Canada and the Navigation is too old to be any use.

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-12_zpsnwapxdnz.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-1_zpsqizwriuv.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-2_zpsfbkq2ikm.jpg
Back of COMAND A203 870 11 89 unit
Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-3_zpsdel15gcf.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-4_zpsalsjkuis.jpg

Connector from car that plugged into the COMAND unit

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-6_zpsqfvzw5c2.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-5_zps3g5qrezk.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-7_zpsqmo3bwju.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-14_zpscemehyio.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-13_zpsv87fxasm.jpg

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-9_zpsqz2fr1zx.jpg

The steering wheel interface plugs into pin 9 and pin 11 which works fine:
Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-10_zpskv8pgx8a.jpg

The wires from #3 are not enough to connect anything, and I'm missing #1 which has all the speaker connectors.
Click image for larger version

Name:	10_zpskv8pgx8a.jpg
Views:	2682
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	368096

Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-11_zpscoz5dqpl.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Need Help: COMAND to Aftermarket Stereo-10_zpskv8pgx8a.jpg  
Old 08-31-2021, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lexus 330 ea
I got your back man

Well I typed this out originally and it erased it so I'm talking to Google speak so bear with me I have a 2006 Mercedes Mercedes M L3 50 stock stereo sitting on my lap I don't have the wire in harness and I was just gonna figure it out myself powering on see how cool looks or order another wiring harness however if you still want your stock stereo I'm more than willing to make a deal with you and if you need help installing the other I am not to brag a pretty damn good installer evanstone account lit's installed at countless numbers of stereos and spent a little career as electrician I need you to have a Volt ometer and and just give me a call if you need help 97023432326 The name is Christian
Old 08-31-2021, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
This is only a suggestion, but given you do not have any speaker wires in section 1, and it appears in the pictures there is a MOST connection, then you may find you have an external amplifier (possibly Harman Kardon) as part of a premium sound system, and the speaker wires are all connected to that amplifier instead of the head unit.

Your car is 6 years older than mine, but it still could be a similar setup i guess. Basically the MOST connection goes to the amplifier (under the seat in my ML) and then the speaker wires come out of the amplifier to the speakers.

Sorry cant help further.

Do you have your data card or a VIN number. Can look it up from that and see if you have premium sound or not.

Regards

David
Old 02-08-2023, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W216 and ml350
By any chance do you know to what other wire amp wire conects to

Originally Posted by spartan117johna
Well I typed this out originally and it erased it so I'm talking to Google speak so bear with me I have a 2006 Mercedes Mercedes M L3 50 stock stereo sitting on my lap I don't have the wire in harness and I was just gonna figure it out myself powering on see how cool looks or order another wiring harness however if you still want your stock stereo I'm more than willing to make a deal with you and if you need help installing the other I am not to brag a pretty damn good installer evanstone account lit's installed at countless numbers of stereos and spent a little career as electrician I need you to have a Volt ometer and and just give me a call if you need help 97023432326 The name is Christian
hey I got a question for you but any chance do you know to what other wire amplifier wire harness connects to one side goes into the radio and the other plugs into another wire which I am guessing runs to the amplifier I need the name of that wire any suggestion is appreciated