Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2002 W208 - A/M radio replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 W208 CLK 430 Coupe
2002 W208 - A/M radio replacement

I have searched and I have asked. No definitive answers yet. Maybe this is the right place to ask. The car already has a single DIN aftermarket radio (JVC) installed working off the rest of the factory system (speakers, amp, sub) so I presume that it has been spliced or wired in properly. Just doesn't have the features I want in a radio. I have a double DIN (pioneer) I want to install instead. I gather I need a universal DD sleeve to put it in the hole in the dash. If I need to get the harness adapters, does anyone know which brand and kit I need to do this? Is there a PnP adapter to make the dash see the radio features and make the steering wheel controls work? I'd like to properly interface this.

Please don't suggest against installing a radio because CANBUS can be fussy or something silly like that. I know it's been done routinely enough for someone to have usable answers for this.

Thank you.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
back in 02 I did a few, the bottom should be 2 din radio, just use your pioneer cage and trim ring.

you shouldn't need any parts if you already have a jvc in there besides steering wheel controls. Metra aswc1 should work for that. you might manually need to set up the controls but I think if you do autolearn it will work. I didn't have that back then at my disposal, we had to use resitors back in the day before it went to the steering module