Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes cl w215 facelift console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190e 2.5 16v
Mercedes cl w215 facelift console

Hi has anyone changed the centre console on a cl w215 from post face lift to a face lift style, as I want to install a android unit, my main issue is with trying to wire the new facelight hazard buttons cluster. Thanks in advance
Old 01-09-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 S55 AMG
I am currently doing this upgrade on my '01. I have been able to get control panel to work partially. I have Star computer that contains both wiring diagrams. It appears there are one or more additional wires needed for the facelift panel. The wire colors are different also. The rear shade can be changed from "rocker" to push button with DAS but that is the only button with that option. My plan is to obtain a facelift harness and replace the existing. I have been unable to find the harness by itself so I may be forced to obtain a complete cockpit harness.
This is the final step for me. All else is in and working. I used an Android unit that purchased on EBay. It's not perfect but it does what I want it to.