Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bluetooth Car Kit - 3rd Party (W211)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E60 M5 - '08
Bluetooth Car Kit - 3rd Party (W211)

Finally got the Ericsson HBC-30 Bluetooth Car Kit installed and it works great with my O2 XDA II! Sound quality is good on both ends. No call drop outs on a 20 min call. Quick response. 100% successful partnership everytime I get in the car. The control unit is small and looks very nice.

Have not tried if the controls to activate Voice dialling is compatible with the XDA II though.

Highly recommended.

I chose a spot where it cannot be seen by anyone other than the driver but still very accessible. No drilling, screwing or cutting required for the installation.

Old 03-31-2004, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Where is the kit connected to? Does it use the audio system's speakers when used?

Too late for me though, already had a cradle installed.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Originally posted by dtkw
Where is the kit connected to? Does it use the audio system's speakers when used?

Too late for me though, already had a cradle installed.
The kit is connected to the control box which is somewhere near the steering column (this is what the tech told me).

It uses its own speakers and mic but the sound is very good.

Could not get it to mute the radio. The techs together with a tech from MB could not get the MB Radio to mute when calls come through.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Still nice to have the phone in your pocket or wherever instead of having to put in the cradle. The only thing I think the cradle can do is charging the phone at the same time. I have a Motorola V600 and I set it to auto answer and auto hangup so, works pretty much like your bluetooth. I have to mute the music too except the Alpine system in the coupe can mute the music when calls are coming in or going out.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Del
Almost a Member!

After the phone has been partnered with the kit, do you have to set your phone to B;uetooth mode every time you get in the car or can you just leave it in your pocket in normal mode all the time?

Del
Old 04-01-2004, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Originally posted by Del
After the phone has been partnered with the kit, do you have to set your phone to B;uetooth mode every time you get in the car or can you just leave it in your pocket in normal mode all the time?

Del
My phone stays on Bluetooth mode all the time, even when I'm not in the car. This way, whenever I jump into the car and turn the ignition, the two devices will automatically pair up immediately.