Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

MB Financial Lease Assumption Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Debbie,

Really don't bother! I tried with MB and it was a nightmare. Not sure if there are any BMWs you like, but they made the process so smooth. Handling all the paper work ahead of schedule and extremely well--Really I can't say enough about the kind of service they delivered at every step in the multi step process.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
Just went through this crap today as well on a Mercedes lease transfer. Upper 800's scores denied. Applied again with a consignor with upper 800 score as well, they denied it again. Nobody ay MBFS can give an answer.

Oh well off to the BMW dealer to build my '14 M5, they just called saying they have an allocation.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:46 PM

2014 E550 4matic FULLY LOADED
Red face change?

ok so i have great credit! and I'm on swap lease and just found the perfect car! 15 months left and around 600 a month! so lets see if i dont get approved! i sent this link to the owner of the current lease. I hope MB has changed the auto deny
Old 01-26-2015, 11:24 AM

GL 350
Result with MBFS??

Originally Posted by andreaaz602
ok so i have great credit! and I'm on swap lease and just found the perfect car! 15 months left and around 600 a month! so lets see if i dont get approved! i sent this link to the owner of the current lease. I hope MB has changed the auto deny
I'm in the same position. Found a car. My credit is borderline tier II/I. The car is far less than the lease payments I've been making for the last 8 years. If I don't get approved in not going with a new MB. It's a convertible for my wife and she's not sure she'll want that - so short term lease or it's another BMW or Pcar. I can apply in the name of my firm? That's usually a harder approval? Any suggestions or feedback?

DRP
Old 04-28-2015, 06:03 PM

MB GLK
Class Action Anyone??

I wish I had read this forum before I leased my MB GLK! I had never leased a car before but as I only average about 10K miles a year, I gave it a try.

I am now moving to the UK with 13 months left. I found a friend of a friend who has just been transferred from Hawaii to LA for a year & wants to take over the lease. MBF denied him, no reason. We assumed because he was from the UK & had never financed a car/house in the US might be the challenge although he had established a strong credit card history and has a substantial income... higher than my own. We BOTH have credit scores in the 800's!!!

He then offered cash up front to pay for the remainder of the lease. Nope!

As time is running out, I elected to co-sign for him as I trust our mutual friends judgment. He was STILL denied. I now have to sell my car to Carmax for a $3K hit. MB was going to give me the same as the remainder of my lease at a $6K Hit.

I will NEVER EVER buy/lease/anything MB again and will discourage anyone within ear shot the same. And given this chain started 5 years ago with people STILL being screwed over... I believe we are justifiable in establishing a Class Action suit!!! Did anyone else take a financial hit because of MBF's impossible credit requirements?

Last edited by vivigirl64; 04-28-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: mis spell
Old 05-25-2015, 11:14 AM

BMW
Originally Posted by vivigirl64
I wish I had read this forum before I leased my MB GLK! I had never leased a car before but as I only average about 10K miles a year, I gave it a try.

I am now moving to the UK with 13 months left. I found a friend of a friend who has just been transferred from Hawaii to LA for a year & wants to take over the lease. MBF denied him, no reason. We assumed because he was from the UK & had never financed a car/house in the US might be the challenge although he had established a strong credit card history and has a substantial income... higher than my own. We BOTH have credit scores in the 800's!!!

He then offered cash up front to pay for the remainder of the lease. Nope!

As time is running out, I elected to co-sign for him as I trust our mutual friends judgment. He was STILL denied. I now have to sell my car to Carmax for a $3K hit. MB was going to give me the same as the remainder of my lease at a $6K Hit.

I will NEVER EVER buy/lease/anything MB again and will discourage anyone within ear shot the same. And given this chain started 5 years ago with people STILL being screwed over... I believe we are justifiable in establishing a Class Action suit!!! Did anyone else take a financial hit because of MBF's impossible credit requirements?
I just did a lease transfer on my 4th BMW and it has handle all online with ease. The buyer took over my car with 24 months left in 2 weeks. I only mail one form with one signature. Now I am thinking to get my first BENZ and get myself into a GLA lease but have 2nd thoughts about it now...
Old 06-09-2015, 06:18 PM

Ford Ranger
This thread is extremely informative. Glad I bumped into this..
Old 10-08-2017, 09:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by clkwork
Just to update my post, an applicant for my black series was finally approved but it was insane how many people applied and were declined. Apparently they are only approving people with near perfect credit and unquestionable income. IMO they should be using the same standards for transfer as they use for a new lease unless they stipulate the exact criteria in the contract. I'm sure someone could successfully litigate this issue if they really wanted to.
Glad someone had this go through. Is this still an issue? Any other success stories with lease transfers?
Old 03-29-2018, 11:11 AM

Gls450
Early lease buyout

has anyone tried to buy the lease before it’s up? I’m looking to buy but the guy is a year into a personal lease.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:19 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLC Coupe
Originally Posted by Emilym
has anyone tried to buy the lease before it’s up? I’m looking to buy but the guy is a year into a personal lease.
It should be relatively simple. Just like buying a car that is financed through a bank
Old 04-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
2020 GLS450, 2022 SL55 AMG, 2022 C300
Originally Posted by Emilym
Just call to MBFS and ask for a pay-off, so you can buy/finance it. Just don't forget when you buy it, you will still need to pay sales tax when you go to register it (depending on the State you live in).
Old 05-31-2018, 11:20 PM

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
2019 Audi Q8, 2017 Porsche Cayenne S, 2015 GL63, & 2005 E500W4
I am looking at applying to assume a lease in the next several months. I was looking at that as an alternative to purchasing something CPO. I have never financed through a captive lender. I've always paid cash and have never had a lease. I have had one auto loan, and it's still open. However, it's a small payment that I don't pay (it's joint). That monthly payment combined with the leases I am looking at would be under 10% of my monthly income. I guess I should not get my hopes up! Probably better to buy the CPO!