Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Modifying a Lease Vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 03:20 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Modifying a Lease Vehicle

Hello All,

I have a few question in regards to my lease, and hope that you all can help me out. I assume i am posting in the correct section as this is the Automotive Leasing & Financing section, but if i am posting in the wrong section mods please re-locate. I would like to mod my C-350 Coupe with mods such as

X- pipe
Suspension
Front lip
Rear Diffuser

Now here are my questions;

Will any of these mods void my warranty/maintenance plan?

If i take it in to service with these mods will the MB dealer void my warranty/maintenance plan?

Does the dealer dig up information when servicing the vehicle to find out if it is a lease or if the owner purchased the vehicle?

Would i have to remove/install my mods for every service date i go to?

Any input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Shazar
Old 04-10-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
The front lip an rear diffuser will not void warranty, suspension modification will an id like to say x pipe will also but I'm not sure. Just by your vin they will know if the car is leased or purchased outright ,the machanic will let the service adviser know what's wrong with your car an why that happensed if he gets a sign of modification.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 PM

17' C43 Coupe
Thanks for your input Primus63. What part of NY are you from? I am located in Queens. Sucks cause i really want to lower the vehicle along with the x pipe. So from what your stating basically if i do happen to mod the car with the suspension and x pipe i would have to revert the car back to stock form when i go in for servicing?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
I'm in queens also,an yes you will have to take those thing off before you go to the dealer if you want to maintain coverage but it's not going to void your entire warranty. For example let's say you install coilovers an you start getting a knocking sound from the front end an lets say you go to the dealer with the coil overs installed they gonna say its because you lowered the car it put strain on the whatever part it is that's making the sound. Right there they going to void suspension parts from your warranty.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 PM

17' C43 Coupe
Thats funny that you live in queens as well. Sucks that ive never seen you around. You have a badass car bro! So do you think if i bring in the car modded they will say anything when it comes down to me taking the car in for servicing?