Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

First time lease on 2014 C250 Sport Sedan

Old 07-26-2014, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
First time lease on 2014 C250 Sport Sedan

Posted this on the C-class forums as well... Apologize for the double post.

Howdy Forum-ers:

As my handle states, I'm a MB n00b and planning to lease my first 2014 C250 from a local dealer.

I got quite a few quotes and the best terms I got are:

2014 C250 Sport+Premium+Multimedia = $2999 down, $400/mo 15K/30-mo lease terms.

Are these terms fair/good? Can I get better?

As I'm a first time leaser, I'm a little nervous. I don't want to pay any other costs and do not mind paying for the highest possible protection coverage for a little peace of mind.

What lease protection packages would you guys recommend? I know of the Wheel and Tire package and I intend to ask my dealer to factor it into the lease. Any other packages? I see the following list on MB FS site:

- First Class Lease Protection
- First Class Wheel and Tire Protection
- First Class Paintless Dent repair
- First Class Guaranteed Auto Protection
- First Class Interior and Exterior Protection
- First Class Winshield Protection

Basically, I'm trying to avoid any surprise charges when I turn in my lease. I don't mind paying a few more $ in my monthly payments to just turn over the key and walk away at the end of the lease.

Of course, I do __fully__ intend to take good care of my new baby!

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when leasing there are several factors that are of prime importance in determining if a lease is a good value. Assuming the lease you are referencing is a MB Finance lease, the residual % is set by MBFS and as far as I know cannot be altered by the dealer -- but do check if a shorter or longer term gives you a better value. The money factor (MF) which you don't list is a leasing way of expressing the interest rate. There is a base value that MBFS sets based on your credit worthiness (this is referrred to as the buy rate) BUT a dealer can up this rate (which is referred to as the sell rate) at their discretion and the differential is pure profit. This is negotiable.

The selling price of the car is also very important. Don't just make a decision on the lease based on the monthly payment. You should negotiate the selling price of the car just as if you were going to buy the car outright. Leasing is just another financing tool to use. Without knowing the MSRP and the selling price as well as the MF and the residual, it is impossible to rate this lease. As far as the additional packages are concerned they are mostly profit generators and can be omitted.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
^Yes, please list the MSRP and I could help you a little more. And is that $400/month with tax? Probably isn't..

Also, people will quote $2999 down. But there's more to it. It will be $2999, plus aquisition fee, plus first months payment, plus a dealer handling fee... probably closer to $3750 due at signing.