Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Cheaper lease-end buyout for dealers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250
Cheaper lease-end buyout for dealers

I've heard anecdotally that dealers can purchase your car at lease-end for lower than the residual, and pass along some of that savings when they sell it back to you. Anyone know if this is true or not? If it is, does anyone know any specifics on this? Is it negotiated individually on case-by-case basis by each dealer with MBFS? Or is there some percentage reduction formula? A flat dollar reduction?

Last edited by alexkhane; 08-24-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
It is correct. We do get your lease buy out option cheaper than you. However, the chances of the dealer flipping that for you and giving you all the savings, sorry to say, is probably highly unlikely. It's on a case-by-case basis, and as far as I know, no percentage or formula. Sometimes it'sa good amount less, sometimes its just a little less. MBF reigns all on that one..
Old 08-25-2014, 12:51 PM

GLK250
Thanks Jason! I wouldn't expect them to pass along all the savings, but it's good to know that there's some room to negotiate there.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this forum and helping us out! It's always puzzled me why MB boards are so bereft of dealer sponsor activity when compared to sites for other makes like BMW, and it's great to get some straight answers from you.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 AM
A C

2016 E350
Lease

This is something you can negotiate up front. It's called "landed" price. The dealer will key your vin into the system when you turn it in and based on current auction values it will produce this value. I negotiated $1k over my landed price for my C63 should I choose to buy it at the end of the lease.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by A C
This is something you can negotiate up front. It's called "landed" price. The dealer will key your vin into the system when you turn it in and based on current auction values it will produce this value. I negotiated $1k over my landed price for my C63 should I choose to buy it at the end of the lease.
On a Mercedes lease can this landed price be negotiated with any dealer? I was just curious since I am considering buying out at the end of my lease and if my original dealer wasn't willing to negotiate a deal over a fix value over 'landed" price, can I go try at another dealership.