Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Disposition Fee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C300-4matic Sport
Disposition Fee

unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be leasing another C class this time around and may be going to another brand...my lease has a $595 disposition fee which normally disappears when I lease a new Merc...

how do I make it go away while not leasing a new benz?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:25 PM

GLK250
You only pay disposition if you turn it into an MB dealer - which you are under no obligation to do. Getting rid of your old car is as much a negotiation as getting into your new car. If your old car is in good shape with no overage miles, you may get your new dealer to take it in as a trade-in at a net zero cost to you.

If your current car is significantly under the maximum allowed miles (or even if it's not), take it to Carmax to get an appraisal, which may be higher than your payoff. You can then take it to your new dealer and ask them to match; you might find yourself walking away from your old lease with some pocket cash that you can apply to your new drive-off.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:34 PM

'12 C300-4matic Sport
had 2 new dealers (bmw and audi) look and my residual is over ~30k. car is worth 26ish, so it's not even close.

(my lease rate on my current C is silly low, and it was done by artificially pumping up the residual when i originally leased)

may try the carmax route, but still pretty certain i'd be looking at several grand in negative equity.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:35 PM

GLK250
Sounds like you might be SOL and will just have to eat the disposition :<

The only other recourse might be to try get your old MB dealer to see if they can facilitate a lower payoff for you, then try to sell the car privately. Might not be worth the hassle & risk over $600 though.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 E300 4matic Sport
Mercedes leases have high fees both in and out. Unfortunately, unless you buy or lease another mb within the 6 months after your lease ends, you will be out $595. Just the cost of having the benz.